Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Rufus new role

RR has just passed the knowledge and will be a black cab driver I have been reliably informed. Good honest work, but demonstrates once again how much football has changed.

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why you had to mention the colour of his skin :-)
  • Options
    Wasn't he a vicar or something similar?
  • Options
    A god bothering cabby - a mix made in heaven. :)

Good luck to him, he'll get a good tip from me if he ever gets my fare.
  • Options
    I am going to look out for black cabs alot more!
  • Options
    Maybe he didn't let Paul Elliot copy his homework
  • Options
    "I had that God in the back of my cab"

I don't know why you had to mention the colour of his skin :-)

You're on fire today, mate.
  • Options
    masicat said:

RR has just passed the knowledge and will be a black cab driver I have been reliably informed. Good honest work, but demonstrates once again how much football has changed.

A retired footballer becoming a cabbie sounds exactly like the sort of job footballers used to do when they retired, back in the good old days!

It's not like he's devoted his post retirement life to becoming a manager or coach
  • Options
    This would encourage me to get one now.
  • Options
    If there would ever be a way to book him, I would, every single time, and give him a bloody good tip, with a vision of his goal at Wembley in my mind as I hand over the wedge.

And I bet I'm not the only one.

I'd book NLA too when he passes, but I know he ain't gonna go sarf of the river :-)
  • Options

If there would ever be a way to book him, I would, every single time, and give him a bloody good tip, with a vision of his goal at Wembley in my mind as I hand over the wedge.

And I bet I'm not the only one.

I'd book NLA too when he passes, but I know he ain't gonna go sarf of the river :-)

That and you know his cab would have a live feed straight to the local nick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha plaaayer! Poor nla.

Someone ask his son on twitter.
  • Options
    Shame we can't use his skills at the valley ( coaching our defenders, not driving the team bus).
  • Options
    Talal said:

Wasn't he a vicar or something similar?

After a lot of hard work passing the knowledge he will have to show a lot of god fearing restraint in not swearing at those addison lee amateurs.
  • Options
    Well according to his son this is a load of old rubbish.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Well according to his son this is a load of old rubbish.

You know how to spoil a good thread.

• Options
    Sorry. :)
  • Options
    It's true.
  • Options
    Well done Richard Rufus. As someone said above it's good, honest work, hope he does well for himself.
    Isn't it true that it takes 2 years or something like that to learn the knowledge?
  • Options
    danny_m said:

Well done Richard Rufus. As someone said above it's good, honest work, hope he does well for himself.
    Isn't it true that it takes 2 years or something like that to learn the knowledge?

2 would be quick. Im doing it part time and will be happy with 3 years
  • Options

danny_m said:

2 would be quick. Im doing it part time and will be happy with 3 years
    3 Years? well as i've been misinformed, how long does it actually take to learn the knowledge and pass the test completely if you're looking to do it full time?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anything from 2 years to 2.7 yrs if you work hard and do it the way your shown and if you go to a knowkedge school
  • Options
    masicat said:

It's true.

His son says it isn't according to buckshee. So who's telling the truth?

• Options
    Well it aint plaaayer
  • Options
    Im sure people do it in 2 years but that's prob without any set backs from examiners.

Depends how hard you work at it. At the moment im only doing it at weekends and the odd night after work but you have lots of exams. You have a map test which is like multiple choice.

Then you have lots of appearances where you go in the room with an examiner and they ask you to take them from one point to another and mark you on the best
  • Options
    I just got back in mate those points are a complete mind feck up and down the same roads trying not to get hit up the arsr by a black cab
  • Options

Shame we can't use his skills at the valley ( coaching our defenders, not driving the team bus).

Who NLA? Not sure he's up to the job.
  • Options
    Better driver than u a tipster our half a mil is in doubt you better phone that feka and tell him to sort it out 8)

• Options
    If this doesn't work out for him he can always contact this guy...

• Options
    The ruf,the ruf,the ruf is for hire.... Maybe not.
  • Options

I just got back in mate those points are a complete mind feck up and down the same roads trying not to get hit up the arsr by a black cab

Not looking forward to that pointing nla. Eyes are everywhere apart from the road.