Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly Solly

I was wondering Whether ,in my opinion, the best right back in England will stay with us.

I was watching the England v ROI game and couldn't help but think how much better he is than Glen Johnson, And tbh he is a Premier League standard player, So will he stay with us if Offered something by a Different club?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZimiqJteoY

(Footage from The end of the season against Bristol City The last few seconds)

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking the other day how he isn't in the U-21 squad and how he didn't make the PFA Championship team of the season and got a bit miffed then realised that it is a good thing....for us anyway.
  • Options
    Simple. We're biased.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

I understand that we would be biased, But he really is a very good player, SCP said it himself, And for a man who once played for England I'm sure he knows, I just hope he can get to the Prem with Charlton
  • Options
    The season before last Solly and Wiggins were easily the best fullback pairing in League1. This season just gone Solly and Wiggins, when both fit obviously, were the best fullback pairing in the Championship (imo). With their continued development with, quite frankly, the best fullback teacher in the country, both will grace the Premier League, I have no doubts about it.

If the club can match both players 'growth rate' it will be with us. It's as simple as that as far as I'm concerned. NO SALE of either of 'em, irrespective of the money offered.
  • Options

The season before last Solly and Wiggins were easily the best fullback pairing in League1. This season just gone Solly and Wiggins, when both fit obviously, were the best fullback pairing in the Championship (imo). With their continued development with, quite frankly, the best fullback teacher in the country, both will grace the Premier League, I have no doubts about it.

If the club can match both players 'growth rate' it will be with us. It's as simple as that as far as I'm concerned. NO SALE of either of 'em, irrespective of the money offered.

What I'm wondering though, Is there isn't any guarantee that we will make the premier league within the next few years, And Solly is (imo) clearly Premier League standard, So if he wants Premier League football, And we cant give it to him, Then I cant see him staying. Although I do wonder what club would want him?
  • Options
    apparently he's had his two front teeth knocked out on holiday with stephens and taylor...
  • Options
    Water sking or fighting ?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

Which right back in the Championship would you rather have ?
  • Options
    jams said:

apparently he's had his two front teeth knocked out on holiday with stephens and taylor...

That's his Christmas present sorted.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

None, obviously, but the original poster was saying Solly's the best right back in England which simply isn't true.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all knew how good Parker was when he was here and it was years after he left before he started getting the recognition he deserved. I wouldn't call it biased, we know when we've got a good player on our hands.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

None, obviously, but the original poster was saying Solly's the best right back in England which simply isn't true.

Which right back is better than Solly (English only) I really cant see one...
  • Options

We all knew how good Parker was when he was here and it was years after he left before he started getting the recognition he deserved. I wouldn't call it biased, we know when we've got a good player on our hands.

Would say the same for Robert Lee too.
  • Options
    jams said:

He'll look even younger now. Wonder if he gets asked for i.d in shops.

..............when buying 12A films? ;-)
  • Options
    POSLCAFC said:

Redskin said:

se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

Until Chris has played consistently well in the Premier League we can't even think of saying he's the best English right back.

• Options

POSLCAFC said:

Redskin said:

se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

Until Chris has played consistently well in the Premier League we can't even think of saying he's the best English right back.

Who's Better? We've seen him play left back and he set up a great cross for a goal, And that's his weaker side (Im assuming)
  • Options
    When we played Fulham in the Cup last year he had Frei in his pocket.
  • Options
    POSLCAFC said:

POSLCAFC said:

Redskin said:

se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

Who's Better? We've seen him play left back and he set up a great cross for a goal, And that's his weaker side (Im assuming)
    walker?
  • Options

POSLCAFC said:

POSLCAFC said:

Redskin said:

se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Simple. We're biased.

walker?
    Personally... Don't rate Walker...
  • Options
    Walker, Richards & Johnson are all better I am afraid mate. Solly is a bloody good player and will get better. It would not surprise me to see him in an England shirt in his career in future but as of today the above 3 are definately all better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Walker, Richards & Johnson are all better I am afraid mate. Solly is a bloody good player and will get better. It would not surprise me to see him in an England shirt in his career in future but as of today the above 3 are definately all better.

I can see Richards, Maybe Walker, But Johnson I thought was terrible, I wonder if he gets more experience, Especially in The Premier League, Then maybe that's his chance.

• Options
    Walker, Richards, Johnson, Lowton, Byram all better. Its ridiculous and deluded to claim he's the best English right back
  • Options
    think hamers closer to the england team than solly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    Of course he's near the EPL, he's a top Championship player.

He doesn't stand out like pacey attacking full backs do but the more you watch him he shows how good he is defensively. His attacking play has improved this season, he's very consistent and has a great attitude.

He will step up comfortably given the chance and will probably continue to be underrated outside the club he's playing for (hopefully us), just as Powell was.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Of course he's near the EPL, he's a top Championship player.

He doesn't stand out like pacey attacking full backs do but the more you watch him he shows how good he is defensively. His attacking play has improved this season, he's very consistent and has a great attitude.

He will step up comfortably given the chance and will probably continue to be underrated outside the club he's playing for (hopefully us), just as Powell was.

Agree entirely: he'd fit comfortably with many Prem sides. Just hope we can hang on to him....

• Options
    Was it Stephen Carr at Newcastle and elsewhere who wasn't the biggest, but had a long top-flight career? Chris Solly is a better player than he was I reckon.
  • Options
    I do not understand how anyone can say that Johnson is a great RB, I agree he is a very good attacking wing back but his defending is poor and surely the first skill for a RB is defending?
  • Options
    Chris Solly hasn't had to play against the likes of Eden Hazard, Gareth Bale & David Silva yet. No way can he be considered the best English RB yet. If Lowton can make the step up though I can't see why Chris can't.
  • Options

Walker, Richards, Johnson, Lowton, Byram all better. Its ridiculous and deluded to claim he's the best English right back

Byram was awful at the Valley this year, got subbed off as Harriott was running rings around him. Solly is definitely better than him.