Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Hughes confirmed as Stoke Manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hughes ruined QPR but he did well ith Blackburn. Don't give him any money!
  • Options
    It would take a far better manager than Mark Hughes to genuinely improve Stoke as a team, the style and culture of the squad is absolutely ingrained. There just isn't enough football quality in the squad to play any other way. It would take an absolute fortune to rework the club from the bottom up, money I doubt they will ever have. They'll be the next Wigan, they will scrape along and survive for a while, but within three seasons or so, they will be relegated, regardless of the manager at that time.
  • Options
    I may have only been 9 at the time but this is bringing back familiar thoughts, be careful what you wish for
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

It would take a far better manager than Mark Hughes to genuinely improve Stoke as a team, the style and culture of the squad is absolutely ingrained. There just isn't enough football quality in the squad to play any other way. It would take an absolute fortune to rework the club from the bottom up, money I doubt they will ever have. They'll be the next Wigan, they will scrape along and survive for a while, but within three seasons or so, they will be relegated, regardless of the manager at that time.

Stoke have been the 3rd biggest net spenders over the last 5 seasons. They never finished in the top half of the Premier League under Pulis.

Agree that they are destined for relegation at some point.
  • Options
    His record is ok, but they would have been far better off choosing a young, talented managed from the lower divisions.
  • Options
    Stoke with no money to spend and Hughes as manager = relegation candidates

Stoke with a transfer kitty and Hughes as manager = relegation certs

Be very afraid Stokies. Pity, they deserve better.
  • Options
    There is some logic here - with the way that Stoke play they need a manager to come in with the same sort of tactics. If they had opted for say a keep the ball on the deck and pass and move type of manager then they'd have to change half the squad.
  • Options
    Have a special "downer" on Sparky after hearing from SCP how he treated Rob Hulse, Luke Young and others at QPR.

IMHO there's never a good reason to treat players with such contempt.

Stoke....the new Wigan but without the genuine, charismatic manager they've recently lost.
  • Options

Have a special "downer" on Sparky after hearing from SCP how he treated Rob Hulse, Luke Young and others at QPR.

IMHO there's never a good reason to treat players with such contempt.

I don't like him after how he left Fulham. Big-headed git.
  • Options
    He is about as good as Robson was at managing a league side-Crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I think it's a pretty decent appointment. QPR was a write off but before that he did well.
  • Options
    Strange appointment you would've thought they'd go for someone to change their style.

But I think he'll keep them up
  • Options
    10/3 Stoke to go down with Coral, all over it.