Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**EDIT Signs New One Year Contract** "The future is bright" says Andy Hughes

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130528-andy-hughes-on-charlton-development-squad-836897.aspx

Good article on Academy squad and perhaps an indication that Hughes will be staying as a player/coach.

Comments

• Options
    Get him in involved with some coaching ASAP.
  • Options
    Rumoured by Cawley in the SLP to have been offered a player/coach contract.

Has been doing his badges too.
  • Options
    I think it pretty much states I'm staying as a player coach. Also reads asthou we will be using a lot more youth this season
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd now be shocked if he isn't here next year. Not often you see an article like this from a player on his way out.
  • Options
    Depends how old the interview is though.

Stuff on the OS is sometimes articles recycled from the programme.
  • Options
    As long as the future is not orange i.e. Simon Jordan takes us over.
  • Options
    Signed a one year extension
  • Options
    GET IN! Love this man.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    .@Andrew10dog "The deal took about a minute to conclude. It was just a ‘yes’ straight away." Read more --> http://bit.ly/12OmHXj (IL) #cafc

Thread title needs a bracket stuck on the end. :-)
  • Options
    "The owner and Martin Prothero have stuck their neck out to put the deal together to keep me, so I am just thankful to them.”

-don't really get this.....is it in regards to his injuries? surely andy hughes' wages aren't going to be anything spectacular

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

"The owner and Martin Prothero have stuck their neck out to put the deal together to keep me, so I am just thankful to them.”

-don't really get this.....is it in regards to his injuries? surely andy hughes' wages aren't going to be anything spectacular

Are the finances really that bad that we are struggling to put together a 1 yr deal for a crippled 35 yr old? :)
  • Options
    We never lose with Andy Hughes
  • Options
    in the interview Hughesie discusses his injury problems then goes on to thank the owner etc, my take on this is not that it is a monetary thank you but with regard to believing in his level of fitness - that is IMHO!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

alternative offer from Real Madrid?

• Options
    andrew hughes ‏@Andrew10dog 5m
    Over the moon at agreeing a new contract Charlton #cafc
  • Options
    Hughesy is a top bloke, and this is brilliant news.
  • Options
    Very happy about this news, whether he plays or not he is clearly a great man to have around the set up.
  • Options
    Think its fantastic news for all concerned.
  • Options

This. Brilliant news that he'll still be here in some form next season.
  • Options
    We never lose (we never lose)
    With Andy Hughes (with Andy Hughes)
    He's full of red, white and Charlton

Ad infinitum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

mrbligh said:

Are the finances really that bad that we are struggling to put together a 1 yr deal for a crippled 35 yr old? :)
    Having a guess but I'm thinking that Jimenez has said he doesn't want 'injury prone' players at the club , to which has had a helping hand to getting Haynes out
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I presume it's because he has a bits and pieces type of deal. Player, coach, media work, cleans the toilets etc
  • Options

in the interview Hughesie discusses his injury problems then goes on to thank the owner etc, my take on this is not that it is a monetary thank you but with regard to believing in his level of fitness - that is IMHO!

My thoughts too, bruv ...oops, Lancs !

Well done MP & co and good luck for next season, Barmy Andy !( well, according to BDL that is !)

• Options
    thought he'd given away that the new away kit was orange, doh!
  • Options
    Interesting that he says several players in the development squad are ready to make the step up to the first team.
  • Options
    decent player and excellent character to have around.

Good pro and mentor

Who signed him in the first place?
  • Options
    Good news.

As for 3/4 of the development squad being ready for the first team I'll believe it when I see it. If they really are that good we need to bring them through rather than sign players ahead of then.
  • Options
    When he mentions the "owners" does he know who they are ?...........
  • Options
    PL54 said:

When he mentions the "owners" does he know who they are ?...........

That's what I was wondering, though he says "owner", singular. Seriously, can someone update me about Jimanez, Slater and Cash?