Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous fans

Comments

• Options
    suddenly realised how sad it is by my happiness that this random actor I've never heard of on eastenders is a charlton fan.
  • Options
    Not just an actor. Karl took over from Robert Lindsay in Me and My Girl on WE stage, so can confirm he can sing and dance too. Or could 30 years ago anyway.
  • Options
    My aunt dated Karl Howman in their school days I believe he used to live in Belvedere.

True story
  • Options
    My aunt, who I live with, had a parrot called South Sea Bubble.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Greek parrot was it?
  • Options
    I heard that it weren't even him it was his stunt double called "flash" apparently flash does the hard work so he don't have to.
  • Options

I heard that it weren't even him it was his stunt double called "flash" apparently flash does the hard work so he don't have to.

Flash did the singing & dancing for him on stage, Sadie ?

• Options
    I'm confused, who is flashing on stage?
  • Options
    Stig said:

With whom I live!!!
  • Options
    Halix said:

Stig said:

With whom I live!!!
    In this sentence his aunt is the subject not the object, therefore "who" is correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

Halix said:

Stig said:

With whom I live!!!
    In this sentence his aunt is the subject not the object, therefore "who" is correct.
    Not according to the Not the Nine O'clock News sketch! As Stig originally quoted.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

suddenly realised how sad it is by my happiness that this random actor I've never heard of on eastenders is a charlton fan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0398253/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Have a butchers there Dave. I am guessing you really are 21 if you have never heard of Karl Howman?
  • Options
    He happens to drive a fast flash car.
  • Options

He happens to drive a fast flash car.

In time for a party party
  • Options
    Watching Watchdog tonight reminds me former presenter Jonathan Maitland is an Addick (sat next to him once at a game and he was definitely a fan).
  • Options
    I presume that's Julian Symons the crime novelist?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I presume that's Julian Symons the crime novelist?

Yes, indeed. Among Symons' many crime novels and murder mysteries is 'The Blackheath Poisonings', published in 1978. He also wrote biographies, and social and military histories.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

My aunt dated Karl Howman in their school days I believe he used to live in Belvedere.

True story

What.....that your mother dated him or that he lived on Belvedere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

There used to be a programme about a school on the wireless that Karl Howman starred in as a teacher called Mr Sims.

Not heard it in years though and cannot even remember the title at the moment.

Kings Street Junior?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

There used to be a programme about a school on the wireless that Karl Howman starred in as a teacher called Mr Sims.

Not heard it in years though and cannot even remember the title at the moment.

Kings Street Junior?
    Yes that's it!

I used to quite enjoy listening to it. Good few years ago now though.

• Options

Swisdom said:

True story

What.....that your mother dated him or that he lived on Belvedere.
    leave his mum out of this!
  • Options
    Just seen ‘Early Man’ which was about a team in red and white trying to get back to The Valley. Nick Park must be a Charlton fan!
  • Options

I saw this bloke at a rock n roll festival in Spain at the weekend. A Spurs mate of mine was on the artists bus from the airport with him, and mentioned that he had been at the Spurs v Man Utd game the night before, he said "I don't know much about what goes on in the Prem to be honest, Mark, I am a Charlton fan...".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_Cranstoun

Very dapper man.
  • Options

I saw this bloke at a rock n roll festival in Spain at the weekend. A Spurs mate of mine was on the artists bus from the airport with him, and mentioned that he had been at the Spurs v Man Utd game the night before, he said "I don't know much about what goes on in the Prem to be honest, Mark, I am a Charlton fan...".

I know Si, booked him at my Legion many years ago through Kav & Suzy (Suzy did his PR at the time)
    Think he’s BexleyHeath way, used to busk in the high street with another fella as The Dualers, knew their manager then as well.

https://youtu.be/fz2kgZqjvxE
  • Options

I've seen the Duelers busking. Great duo.
  • Options
    Duelers are still going as a ska band with Si's brother Tyber on his own as singer. No indication as to Tyber's football allegiance...
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I saw them in the street in Bromley.