Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neymar chooses Barcelona

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8735740/Santos-striker-Neymar-chooses-Barcelona-over-Real-Madrid

It will be interesting to if Neymar and Messi can play together ? If they can should be fun to watch.

Comments

• Options
    Neymar isn't the selfish player he's made out to be, be interesting if he can fit in with the physicality of a European league
  • Options
    Surprised by this, Tim Vickery was reporting just the other day that Neymar was unlikely to leave before the World Cup but there was pressure from the third parties who own 50% of Neymars equitable value to sell
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Neymar isn't the selfish player he's made out to be, be interesting if he can fit in with the physicality of a European league

He gets the shit kicked out of him in Brazil, Spain is a lot less physical.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

DeeBee said:

Teams like Levante will give him a treatment
  • Options
    Well, that's probably the Champions league won then. Neymar isn't an out and out striker is he? Favours a wing? If so, will it come down to choosing one of Messi or Neymar? or does he play on the other wing?
  • Options
    Need to improve their defence before they can start thinking about the Champions League.
  • Options
    Neymar coming in probably means the end for Alexis Sanchez.

Messi plays through the middle nowadays. Pedro and Neymar on the wings.
  • Options

Need to improve their defence before they can start thinking about the Champions League.

Exactly - good player but not the one that Barca need.
  • Options
    Who are the top defenders they should be going for then?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Who are the top defenders they should be going for then?

Chris Solly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hummels, Chillelini, Kompany, anyone like that
  • Options
    Despite him deserving a red last night I quite like Dante
  • Options
    Only seen Neymar play five or six times and he's been pretty average.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

RedPanda said:

DeeBee said:

Teams like Levante will give him a treatment
    Yeah he'll still get beaten up, but Brazilian domestic football is not the free flowing, silky game that a lot of people think it is.

He is an absolutely brilliant dribbler, some of his skills here are astounding:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7Np5HWSCo

• Options
    And yet because of Messi he'll be moved out wide and called a flop when he doesn't score 40 goals a season...
  • Options
    What I like the look of from those clips is the fact that he wants to stay on his feet and not go tumbling every time he gets touched.
  • Options
    Yet another great attacking player, but they need two centre backs more urgently
  • Options
    Why didnt powell sign him

Powell out ffs
  • Options
    edited May 2013

What I like the look of from those clips is the fact that he wants to stay on his feet and not go tumbling every time he gets touched.

Barcelona (and Spanish/European football generally) will coach that out of him...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I told you, David Villa was coming to London, apparently has an 02 phone and loves cable car rides.

Seriously though , Neymar's not all that is he?

I know he's been linked with various clubs over the last few years, but I would have though Barca could have done better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so he shines in a terrible league. So would dale stephens
  • Options
    i think this more spells the end for david villa at barca than sanchez. Villa must be 3rd in the pecking order for each front position now
  • Options

By that logic, no one playing in South America is worth taking a punt on.

• Options

No he didn't...

• Options
    WSS said:

No he didn't...

Was also their star player in winning the Libertadores. That's just reminded me of this brilliant video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbq4LEJ6ehQ&list=FL5MSQ1xtguzmEWO-aNKd8lg

Whatever that chant is that starts on 2:15 is f'n great.

• Options
    I was talking about Dale Stephens not shining in a terrible league last season.
  • Options

That would be an incorrect impression

• Options
    My friend who is a Barcelona supporter is pessimistic about Neymar and Messi in the same team - on the basis that Argentinian and Brazilian star players tend not to be compatible. We shall see
  • Options
    I would prefer to have (portuguese) Ronaldo over Neymar to be honest.

Oh, or Bale, Robben, Ribery, Hazard or Lavezzi for that matter....
  • Options
    1.74 m bit tall for Barca