Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

did zz fall over easily for the penalty ?

the papers seem to think so...i've not seen any replay of it but i thought he'd broken through and had the goal in front of him...nobody falls over in that position...

Comments

• Options
    i think he was happy to go down once he'd got the push, but having seen it in slo mo it was a definate pen, and one of the few things Gallaher got right...
  • Options
    I dont think the newcastle players complained.
  • Options
    ZZ was running at pace so it wasn't going to take much to knock him off balance. Solano definitely shoved him so a nailed-on pen and correct decision by the ref, IMO.
  • Options
    Did the papers mention about 10 mins before the pen when ZZ was dragged bag by a defender certain pen. Even though the dumb lino was staring at it. I thought not this pro west ham jornos.
  • Options
    Maybe he could have stayed up if he really really wanted to, but there's a massive difference between a foul and a dive, this was a clear foul and he went down, no problems with that at all.
  • Options
    I guesshe did - but it still looks like a definite penalty on replays. And what about shortly before how on earth was that not a penalty - anyone seen it on TV?
  • Options
    i thought he went down easily but connection was made so pretty sure it was a pen but if it'd been a toon playing attacking we'd have all called him a cheating **** ... ref could've given handball against el kack when he went to ground, would've been harsh but we're getting some luck with decisions now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Maybe he could have stayed up if he really really wanted to, but there's a massive difference between a foul and a dive, this was a clear foul and he went down, no problems with that at all.

that's 100% how i saw it.
  • Options
    He seemed to go down a few times yesterday, a couple of times off the ball.

As for the penalty, after West Ham's 'dodgy' goal on Saturday, I don't really care....
  • Options
    Quite a hard 'nudge' IMO - definite pen. Solano had a total mare and was lucky to be on the pitch at the end.

Not sure if the earlier shirt pull on ZZ was in the box - from where we were sat (East stand, almost level), looked like it was marginally outside. One of the most blatant fouls in the whole 90 mins though - lino should have consulted his guide dog if he didn't see it.

Thought in general that Gallaher had a tyneside twist to his refereeing today. Very slow with the cards for the barcodes and generous with the decisions. BTW also got the Talal 'handball' right - looked on MOTD2 as if the ball ran over his hand - no deliberate attempt to deflect the ball...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    definate pen, absolutly defo pen, stone wall.