Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Bailey, would you take him back?

Bailey set to be released by Middlesbrough this week after not having new deal offered to him. Still would be a great player, but has he had his time at the club after missing that pen?

Comments

• I'd have him back as i think he could still do a job as a squad player.

However i'm sure many will argue that if a side finishing 16th in the championship doesn't want him then why would we.
  • He had a pretty poor game when 'Boro beat us 1-4 at The Valley.
  • no from me
  • Thinking about his peach of a volley to open the scoring against Wolves at The Valley a few years back. But being released by Boro sets alarm bells ringing. So, probably not.
  • Depends who else is on the radar.
  • Do we need him? We have several left sided players and the current set up with Harriott/Jackson with Evina who could possibly play there if pushed suggests that we don't need him.

But if Jackson were to move on...then if the wages etc were right he could be a good addition. He had a decent scoring record and if we forget that penalty he could be a decent addition to the right club.
  • NO THANKS
  • No thanks, lets move forwards not backwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcjoe said:

has he had his time at the club after missing that pen?

Yeah, like we'd ever take to a player that missed an important penalty!!

• I like the idea...did well for us when he was last here (all be it in a poor team) - now has 3 more years of Championship experience. Could slot in well next to Jackson.

The downside is he'll be on Championship wages...and I reckon there are better players out there to spend our limited wage budget on. How much was he on a week at Middlesborough?
  • No from me.
  • Not sure
  • Yes, if he fits in the wage bracket
  • Do we need him? We have several left sided players and the current set up with Harriott/Jackson with Evina who could possibly play there if pushed suggests that we don't need him.

But if Jackson were to move on...then if the wages etc were right he could be a good addition. He had a decent scoring record and if we forget that penalty he could be a decent addition to the right club.

I think this would rule the move out straight away, m'boro have a huge wage bill and it's not something I think we could even get close to
  • Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he was only to be played in central midfield, yes, I'd want him in the squad. I just don't want to see him out wide for us ever again.
  • No.

His two years with us we finished bottom in the Championship and forth in the third division. He also made it clear that he wanted away after being part of the squad that 'won' last place - not something I like to see!

During his time with Middlesbrough they finished twelfth, seventh and sixteenth.

I can't help thinking that he has made a very, very good career for himself with a lot less talent than many that earned a lot less than him.

He was a liability in possession and his tackling was poor and, despite his goals, he was not creative enough to be a flair midfielder.

I also can't stand players that lie around on the floor pretending to be injured.

Just in case I didn't give enough clues, it's a No from me!
  • Could do worse
  • No thanks. He's had his time here.
  • edited May 2013
    Yes, he is the love of my life.
  • Start of the season he was one of Boros best players. I would have him back. Good player to have in the squad
  • He also made it clear that he wanted away after being part of the squad that 'won' last place - not something I like to see!

I thought he wanted to stay quite badly, but the club couldn't turn the offer down?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

He also made it clear that he wanted away after being part of the squad that 'won' last place - not something I like to see!

I thought he wanted to stay quite badly, but the club couldn't turn the offer down?
    He certainly didn't make a fuss about wanting to leave. We were skint and got about £1.5million for him, which we desperately needed. As one of very few saleable assets, it was inevitable that he'd be sold at the end of that season, whether he wanted to or not. Not fair to paint him as some sort of Judas/traitor figure as he certainly didn't do that to us(although admittedly that's exactly what he did do at Barnet and Southend).
  • Not sure if I would have him back. However, he could shag my wife if he wishes, and also colour my hair a shade of ginger too.