Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent out of the England squad?

Nothing definitive but the BBC suggests that the DB will be withdrawn from the England squad: "Charlton striker Darren Bent is doubtful after aggravating a knee injury in the win over Newcastle" are their exact words.

Comments

• Options
    GOOD MOVE REST THAT KNEE FOR 2 WEEKS
  • Options
    Pards in post match interview said he would be joining up with squad - would rather he didn't play, but would leave it up to Steve and Darren.

I'd feel much happier if we withdrew him!
  • Options
    You can bet your life if he was at Man U, Fergie would of withdrawn him by 4pm yesterday.....
  • Options
    I think he goes to the England camp for a scan today then he will be sent home... i reckon the england camp think we might be trying to pull a fast one... pardew on the touch line. "ere darren start limping and leg stretching make it look bad"
  • Options
    Sod the England game!rest him we need him
  • Options
    just keep him away from maclaren. i can't get over how much i despise this man.
  • Options
    Will the FA compensate us if DB joins up with the squad and aggravates his knee further - meaning he misses games for us?

No, of course they wont. Therefore we should be pulling him out of the squad. Never thought I would say this, but fcuk England (the team and the manager - not the country) - I couldn't give a monkeys about them if it was a straight choice between them and Charlton.
  • Options
    To be honest, I think there's more danger of Darren getting injured by one of his team mates in training than in the match itself. I might be more willing to risk it if he was actually going to play, but if he's just going to be picking splinters out of his arse on the subs bench, then I think the time would be better spent working on his fitness back home.