Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlton Cole has been released at 29

13»

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Not a bad player but nearly 30 years old and only about 60 goals to his name. Not worth big wages at all.

Funnily though, that's pretty much what Yann's record was when we took him on board!

• Options

Can't think of two players more different in terms of character, atitude and team commitment that Yann and Carlton Cole
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Amazing when these threads up that there always a bunch who say things like "no thanks" or "I wouldn't have him back", as if a player of his level would be chomping at the bit to get a contract at Charlton.

We had the same this time last season when Michael Owen came available and we'd only just got out of League One!

I know what you mean to an extent, however I really beleive one of the great things about our team at the moment is the team spirit Powell has got which was commented on by Hughes when he signed up last week. Cole does not seem the player that would be integral to that and woudl also appear to never have lived up to his reputation. When west Ham were in the Champ 2 years ago he hardly pulled up trees and there is a reason they are releasing him when they have very little fire power at the moment (esp with Carroll not yet signed up). A definate no for me whether he thinks he is too big for us or not.