Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

XBOX one vs PS4

2»

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone else used to read Digitiser each day on Channel 4 teletext? That was brilliant, some great nostalgia on here: http://www.superpage58.com/
  • Options
    The must have gifts for xmas the price wont matter but pre order will or not a hope of getting either

Puts real pressure on families shocking realky but hey thats life
  • Options
    I'll buy both regardless of price.
  • Options
    it will also be interesting to see how much the games will cost
  • Options
    Want to see what xbox and publishers decide about used games and any extra fees. I'll probably get one of them after they've been out a year, ironed out any manufacturing defects, developed better games and it'll be cheaper
  • Options
    Xbox One - £429
    PlayStation 4 - £349

PS4 also has no DRM on games and doesn't require a Internet connection at all times.

I know which one ill be getting!
  • Options
    PS 4 YES!
  • Options
    Sony have practically won this generation console battle already. Will definitely be steering clear of Xbox one and getting a PS4. This is coming from some one that has an xbox 360 and thinks its far superior to the ps3. Microsoft have really dropped the ball imo
  • Options
    I think I'm going to stick with my 360 which still works perfectly and I enjoy using. However if I was going to by a new gen console it would be the PS4. Microsoft have really messed this up.
  • Options
    You can only play Xbox One using a Kinect apparently, which means Microsoft can watch you playing....so be warned kids under age playing over 18 games!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

You can only play Xbox One using a Kinect apparently, which means Microsoft can watch you playing....so be warned kids under age playing over 18 games!

also microsoft have recently been revealed as one of the major corporations part of PRISM - was a secret programme set up by the NSA to spy on people around the world

• Options
    Pre ordered from game today the PS4 so i dont end up in the same situation as last year with the ipadmini
  • Options
    Is there a date on ps4 yet?
  • Options
    There is basically no reason to get an Xbox One now, unless you're a big fan of their exclusives.

Microsoft has the less powerful console, for £100 more money.
  • Options
    All it says is 2013 swisdom

Yet some places pre order says del by jan 3 2014 so be warned
  • Options
    Never bothered with a PS3 but pretty certain I'm going to preorder a PS4 even if the launch titles aren't as amazing as they could be...

Decent little comparison image here, although I'm not sure if the exclusive games list is 100% accurate
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/161/4/c/comprehensive_8th_generation_console_comparison_by_yamamoto114-d667kw7.jpg
  • Options
    why would anyone buy an xboxone? price, drm, kinect always being on, always requiring an internet connection...no thank you!
  • Options
    I've been a real advocate of Xbox since it was first released and always favoured it over PlayStation until now. Forcing people to pay for netflix (I love netflix but some don't), not allowing lending of games, 24 hour shut down of online games, $100 more expensive, can't play it with your friends unless you & your friend both own one. It's ridiculous.

The main reason I'd buy one is to play with friends before we go out or when we're bored & round eachother's houses and this new system eliminates all of this stuff. I doubt I'll get one but if I were to choose the PS4 absolutely dominates.
  • Options
    Zumba fitness world party?
  • Options

Zumba fitness world party?

Powell odds on to run that party I'd be worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get the Wii U!!
  • Options

Get the Wii U!!

The NX is out in March...
  • Options
    What is simplest one to get for a 5 year old to play on.

has played on xbox one (I think ) when round his older cousins.

Is this the time to get a cheapish console as the new ones come out.

Dont want the Wii.

• Options
    I have to say I'm thinking I need to buddy my PS4 up with an XBOX unless this whole cross platform gaming thing comes to the fore...

https://gamerant.com/sony-xbox-one-ps4-cross-platform-play/

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

What is simplest one to get for a 5 year old to play on.

has played on xbox one (I think ) when round his older cousins.

Is this the time to get a cheapish console as the new ones come out.

Dont want the Wii.

The Wii U is best for a 5-year-old, but there won't be many games for it long term. XB and PS are largely aimed at young adults.