Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average Attendance

Some of you mighta seen this on the bbc already but http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130 . Average attendance pretty much on par with Swansea and Wigan, a hell of a lot higher than millwall, and over a thousand more than palace.

Well done all I reckon!

Comments

• Options
    Just been reading that Sam. Shows that we were 40th, across the major European leagues, in terms of average attendance last season, which is pretty impressive.

I appreciate we will get the issue of "ghost" fans, which inflate numbers, but all clubs do this to a greater or lesser extent and I think this table looks pretty good for us. Not a great leap required either to rise quite a few places up the table.
  • Options
    also our highest crowd bigger than Birmingham/Leeds & Leicester
  • Options
    Like Ive mentioned on CL before, we are the best supported London club in the Football League....
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. Do we feature as any team's lowest home gate? I know Hull City's was against Millwall (smirks)
  • Options
    Fair play to Sheffield United, above us despite still being in L1 and not having a great season. Also shows just what a small side Yeovil are.

Rangers average is absolutely incredible.
  • Options
    If I counted correctly for 2012/13 we are the 29th best supported club in England. Counting all English leagues we finished in 29th place!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

No surprises there, they're one of the top 5 best supported clubs in Britain.

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Just been reading that Sam. Shows that we were 40th, across the major European leagues, in terms of average attendance last season, which is pretty impressive.

I appreciate we will get the issue of "ghost" fans, which inflate numbers, but all clubs do this to a greater or lesser extent and I think this table looks pretty good for us. Not a great leap required either to rise quite a few places up the table.

The table only lists selected European teams, so we musn't get carried away! For example Hamburg is not listed, but will have had an average attendance much higher than ours.

That said, I think being 29th in England is a good result, and certainly challenges the assumption many people make that we are a 'small club'.
  • Options
    We're definitely not 40th across europe, for a start there are 27 German sides with a higher average than us
  • Options
    edited May 2013

se9addick said:

No surprises there, they're one of the top 5 best supported clubs in Britain.

Celtic and Rangers numbers don't add up

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    what was our 26k crowd this season?
  • Options
    Barnsley was it? 5 quid tickets?
  • Options

Barnsley was it? 5 quid tickets?

yep it was
  • Options
    AC Milan not on there despite being in the write up.