Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

1202122232426»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    WSS said:
    Feels like there is a plan here in terms of freeing stuff up to maybe combine wages to get somebody a bit more "marquee" in.
    Maybe a genuine eyebrow raiser?
    I'm saying nothing.....
  • Options
    Love looking at this thread. It goes back to his Dulwich Hamlet days. 

This probably means we have another midfielder coming in. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Not worked out for him here.

Deserved more game time last season imho but it wasn't to be.

Out of contract in the summer so looks like the end.

Bound to swing in a free kick when we play Rovers.
    Is he likely to be able to play against us when out on loan? I thought the usual loan agreement terms were that a loanee cannot play against his parent club, or is there discretion to exclude that provision?
    In the football league players can play against their parent club, in the premier league they can’t. 

Would prefer if the EFL was like the premier league, as it then becomes a negotiation point between the two clubs (e.g we’ll contribute 5% less of his wages if he can’t play in 2 of our games) but the argument is that EFL clubs can’t afford to pay players to sit in the stands
    How come then Leko couldn't play at West Brom away last season?
    Parent clubs can still require it as the default is that it requires parent club permission. 

The difference is that in the PL there is no negotiation as loan players aren’t allowed to play against parent clubs regardless of whether the parent club would want them to be able to. Origin of that rule is the potential conflict of interest, and impact on betting. For that reason, most ex PL clubs don’t tend to allow it.

Section 6, clause 54.8 of the EFL rules if you want to geek out

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/
    Thanks, yes the default is that a loan player cannot play against their parent club. However, the parent club may waive that by giving written permission.

54.8  During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form). 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'd be surprised if he's allowed to considering it's a loan.. Unless you mean next season?
    You reckon both Brizzle and we are going up?
  • Options
    Happy memories of that 45 minutes against Forest - if only Oz could have repeated that form. Always a trier and a shame it has not worked out for him at The Valley. All the best for the future, Oz.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'd be surprised if he's allowed to considering it's a loan.. Unless you mean next season?
    You reckon both Brizzle and we are going up?
    But of course. Now they have a midfield maestro who they'll sign permanently at the end of the season.
  • Options
    I imagine that's it for his (second) Charlton career, unless he does something extraordinary in the next 2 months
  • Options
    Same, I wanted him to work out 

Loved his song as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good technical ability but not imposing enough in games unfortunately. I hoped he would settle this season and play a big part, but not to be. I cannot see him returning for first team action.
  • Options
    Feel the same as AFKA, didn’t get enough chances or a good run but also missed a couple of chances that should have resulted in a goal, and that didn’t help his cause.
  • Options
    I think he'd actually do better overseas in spain or Italy with a more technical style rather than the clogger lower English leagues where he is a bit of a luxury.

I always thought he offered something good when he played for us and had we been top half championship club coming off the bench he would have had a better fayre.

Right player wrong time and a real talent in the mould of Andy  Reid. 

Really hope he reaches his potential and it's with us in a season or two.
  • Options
    He's 29, can't see him improving much now and I doubt he'll play higher than League 1 again.

He needs regular football and probably has to be the main creative player in the team, rather than a bit part player getting the odd game here and there.
  • Options
    I think he'd actually do better overseas in spain or Italy with a more technical style rather than the clogger lower English leagues where he is a bit of a luxury.

I always thought he offered something good when he played for us and had we been top half championship club coming off the bench he would have had a better fayre.

Right player wrong time and a real talent in the mould of Andy  Reid. 

Really hope he reaches his potential and it's with us in a season or two.
    The thing that set Reidy apart from so many similar creative players we’ve had was his determination to get on the ball. He was always moving, finding space. As soon as he passed it he wanted to be available to get the ball back. Ozzy, Williams, Albie, none of them do enough of this. Was only a brief appearance from him, but even in his unfit state it did look like Maddison was doing a bit of that, which I found encouraging. 
  • Options
    How did he perform so well on his debut against Forest and then only shown glimpses of quality here and there. I think it is a confidence issue and his height probably does influence that. But there players of similar height like Insigne at Napoli who is 5 ft 4 and has played in serie a and champs league most of his career. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Never really fancied him and was surprised when he was signed .. nevertheless he always gave his (limited) best and was a hard worker. Rovers are in decent form and I am pleased that he has gone to a pretty well run and nice little club
  • Options
    Bit sad about this. There was something with him I really wanted to do well here. Sadly it hasn’t though often enough.

wouldn't it be lovely if over the next couple of years we didn’t say so often

‘never really worked out here’...
    this cap is requiring a very clinical approach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Double blow for my youngest, 8 year old, who is vertically challenged and called George .
    We used to call my son the Turkish Messi , just hope we sign someone called stroppy cry baby PS4 divvy twat now .
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    For those who like  watching this sort of thing:

• Options
    He's a natural at folding his arms, I'll give him that.
  • Options
    He reminds me of Seb.