Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    like many footballers .. spoilt brats with too much time and money on their hands .. Whelan should know better, Jones needs to calm down .. if he showed that much passion on the field, Stoke could be a few places further up the table
  • Options
    Jones is allergic to pork, comes out in a rasher
  • Options
    Glenn Whelan against Kenwyne Jones? Oh dear Glenn, you'd best not think Kenwyne is paying for Autoglass for that!
  • Options
    From the name of his girlfriend, it appears that Kenwyn is a Muslim, so its more serious than just a prank...
  • Options
    Reminds me of a school trip to Wales a couple years back.

What with my school being religious by name, but definitely not by nature, we had been taught a fair bit about other faiths.
    Few kids in my year found out that the other school staying on the site with us was Muslim.
    They raided the kitchen late at night for pork related items, and the next day launched sausages, rations of bacon, packets of ham etc through the open windows and into their rooms, with the other school off site at the time.

They simply went absolutely mental when they returned to their rooms, they genuinely looked like they wanted catholic blood, and most of us hadn't even found out why at the time.
    Then within about an hour of the discover we'd been told to leave because the staff their couldn't guarantee our security.
  • Options

From the name of his girlfriend, it appears that Kenwyn is a Muslim, so its more serious than just a prank...

Is jones an Islamic name?
  • Options
    Jones was linked with a move away in January..suspect he'll certainly want to get away now!
  • Options

Kissa Abdullah is
  • Options
    And if you look at the photos of her on her twitter you'll see she is clearly devout
  • Options

you can tell someone's religion from another person's name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Pope
  • Options
    rina said:

Yep but silent addick is suggesting that jones is a Muslim cos his bird is. I'm just trying to point out that a practical joke doesn't have to have a racist undertone.

• Options

Mohammed McDonnell d?
  • Options
    Boom said:

Mohammed McDonnell d?
    Dave Mohammed (Trinidadian spinner) :)
  • Options

rina said:

Yep but silent addick is suggesting that jones is a Muslim cos his bird is. I'm just trying to point out that a practical joke doesn't have to have a racist undertone.

His missus talks about being "sensitive to beliefs" and "religious beliefs" which would suggest he is a Muslim. If so them Whealan and co can count themselves lucky it was only a car window that got caved in.
  • Options
    Sounds like a dodgy prank to me. Whelan must have some idea that Jone's missus is a Muslim and so would be sensitive even if he is not of that faith. Some footballers are bloody stupid.
  • Options

Sounds like a dodgy prank to me. Whelan must have some idea that Jone's missus is a Muslim and so would be sensitive even if he is not of that faith. Some footballers are bloody stupid.

My personal stance on religion is live and let live, if someone's views don't lead them to harming or discriminating against others then they are welcome to those views. You don't do something as needlessly stupid and antagonistic as Whelan did.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

rina said:

His missus talks about being "sensitive to beliefs" and "religious beliefs" which would suggest he is a Muslim. If so them Whealan and co can count themselves lucky it was only a car window that got caved in.
    Yep I believe in the tooth fairy. Anyone dares mock my belief or insult any of it's tenets then....well let's just say... shit gonna get real.
  • Options

se9addick said:

rina said:

Yep I believe in the tooth fairy. Anyone dares mock my belief or insult any of it's tenets then....well let's just say... shit gonna get real.
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    My little boy wasn't too happy this morning when his tooth was still under his pillow and he had no money either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My little boy wasn't too happy this morning when his tooth was still under his pillow and he had no money either

LOL, and timely as this thread was getting a bit heavy...
  • Options

She moves in mysterious ways. Tell him to brush his teeth ten times on his knees and send a donation out of his pocket money to the toothless of Bermondsey. ;-)
  • Options
    I dont like food based jokes, if you kill animals for food eat them. dont play it
  • Options

se9addick said:

rina said:

I think that Whelan should thank his lucky stars that he is not going to have several visits from the tooth fairy this week.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Press charges for criminal damage...or is it ok to act like tht if someone offends your made up make believe fairy tale beliefs?

Whelan shouldn't have done it but religion is no excuse to act like a vandal
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If Jones is a Muslim, then the 'prank' is disgusting.

Everyone should be able take a joke, but to disrespect somebody's religious beliefs is well over the top.

Maybe Whelan (if it was him) is just a bit naive, but he should be diciplined and maybe given some lessons in different faiths and religions!
  • Options
    Geez, I thought this was about my pub! Scared me there. I thought "oh god, what did they see us do?".
  • Options
    Before we all get too sympathetic with 'the muslims' remember that recently someone in Saudi was flogged and jailed for converting a muslim to Christianity.
  • Options

Before we all get too sympathetic with 'the muslims' remember that recently someone in Saudi was flogged and jailed for converting a muslim to Christianity.

What's your point?

• Options

What's your point?

my point .. Islamists generally do not give a fuck about anyone else's beliefs and creeds .. why all the sympathy because a supposed muslim is hurt by a practical joke ... spare some thought for the thousands of Christians who are being persecuted in 'islamic states' ... that mush IS MY POINT .. GOT IT?