Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We let the team down today

I thought the pre-match atmosphere at the Valley today was awful!! 10 minutes before KO and there were only about 3,000 people in the stands. Where was everybody else? The passing round of the new "Hales" flag was a big disappointment as there were barely enough people in the ground to carry it. The flat atmosphere carried over onto the pitch and we never got going as a team or as a crowd in the first half. I think that we, as supporters, are going to have to improve our pre-match performance if we are to stand any chance of staying up. We all need to be in our seats and giving it some a good 30 minutes before KO.

OK Rant over. Excellent second half performance by all concerned. Dennis made the difference and had a great 45 minutes. ZZ, playing in his correct position, was awesome. He had looked so lost stuck out on the wing in the first half. Bit worrying to see Darren Bent hobbling for the last 30 minutes or so. I though Pardew should have taken him off much sooner. Let's hope there is not too much extra damage to his knee.

Comments

• Options
    I though Pardew should have taken him off much sooner. Let's hope there is not too much extra damage to his knee

In the post match interview Pards says it was a mistake to play both B & M Bent as neither was fully fit. Maybe he left DB on too long but he only had Lisbie on the bench as back up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]The passing round of the new "Hales" flag was a big disappointment as there were barely enough people in the ground to carry it. .

Don't think so. It flew round ( I know I was trying to keep up with it) and got a great reaction from the people under it.

Good to see you RP BTW
  • Options
    RP. Think you will struggle to get people away from their drinks etc 30 mins early to simply have a chant ?!

Surely its much more important noise is made during the game so that it gives the team momentunm
  • Options
    But it wasn't made during the game either. Thought the opening few minutes set the tone for the first half - very nervy all round!
  • Options
    First time we've done it, we'll learn about when to launch it round the ground, I suspect the crowd will be fuller against Wigan cause of kick off time etc
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I am sorry we (me and Chirps jnr) were late today, got there just as the teams came out. However jnr had a game this morning in Crayford. We had to get back, grab some lunch and get down to the Valley. Bloody stupid KO time!
  • Options
    As it was the club wanted us to present the flag at 12.50! and I had to point out that it really wouldn't work as there would be no one to pass it overhead.

Off now to write the risk assessment Greenwich council asked for (no, I'm not joking). Some people on other boards are quick to call the effort "pathetic" but just have no concept of what went on behind the scenes just to get this far. Big shout to Sacha, Vince, Derek, Dave, Paul for doing the humping and lifting.

Anyway we had a wonderful day and to cap it all found an old friend, slightly the worse for wear, but who we hope to re-introduce to the Valley ASAP.
  • Options
    Chris Powell was drunk ??
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Who called it "pathetic" Henry? Come on, name and shame?

I only caught the end of it as got there late, but everyone was talking about it. Stange bunch of fellas walking round with it though, I have to say!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is it true that Vince fell right on his arris ??
  • Options
    lets hope so
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Who called it "pathetic" Henry? Come on, name and shame?

I only caught the end of it as got there late, but everyone was talking about it. Stange bunch of fellas walking round with it though, I have to say!

Not going to give them the oxygen of publicity. Rothko put them in their place.
    It was an odd lot I agree. From the faces of the people underneath the flag is was enjoyed.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]is it true that Vince fell right on his arris ??

Yeah, but he laughed about it (as we all did too)

Lee Clark was kicking the shit out of it. Little twat
  • Options
    It's not possible to sing before the game as the music's too loud.