Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham linked with Solly...........Again..!!

Comments

• Options
    hmmm looks like Acworth is a frequent reader of sports direct news.
  • Options
    No surprise if it is true, he's been our player of the year two years in a row.

Then again, there's just as much a chance they've pulled it from speculation on message boards and similar stories from last year.
  • Options
    That site had a story about Rooney going to Newcastle earlier. B*llocks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know someone who writes for that website...I can definitely say that they usually speculate rather than have honest truthful stories.
  • Options
    Acworth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sports Direct release a story about Newcastle being interested in Rooney - which is then later refuted by Newcastle who is owned by ......... The owner of Sports Direct ! Brilliant
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Sports Direct release a story about Newcastle being interested in Rooney - which is then later refuted by Newcastle who is owned by ......... The owner of Sports Direct ! Brilliant

The bloke who wrote that is the guy I know. He is a grade-A 'twonk'.
  • Options
    why do sports direct have a news webpage in the first place?
  • Options
    Think this may happen. If only because we need the money (or so those in the know seem to think) and it may get us by for another season.

Would mean Lawrie Wilson at RB and I wouldne be surprised - think that was the plan last year. Otherwise why pay such a fee when we were supposedly broke last year.
  • Options
    Can't see Big Sam wanting a 5'3" player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham's right back is Guy Demel who is a 6ft 2 massive lump. I can't see Solly fitting their 'style of play'
  • Options
    Solly's height (or lack of) is going to work in our favor big time in terms of keeping hold of him from Premiership clubs.
  • Options
    He is as tall as baines and alves. In the modern game as a Full back being able to defend and attack effectively is more important than height.
  • Options

He is as tall as baines and alves. In the modern game as a Full back being able to defend and attack effectively is more important than height.

Not in an allardyce team it aint
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Agreed. I was speaking more general. Too small for Big Sam.

• Options
    Even if they are interested can they meet TJ's valuation? He priced Villa out on Stephens and he'll know Solly's potential, also Prem clubs are getting more TV money this summer I'd at least be asking for £4/5m for him
  • Options

Both of which are utilized for their pace and attacking threat. Solly is very decent going forward but he's not going to smash in goals from 30-40 yards.

• Options

Even if they are interested can they meet TJ's valuation? He priced Villa out on Stephens and he'll know Solly's potential, also Prem clubs are getting more TV money this summer I'd at least be asking for £4/5m for him

with a guaranteed 60m for being in the premier league next season they could probably afford to buy him for 4-5m, give him 20k a week and then never play him.
  • Options

Agreed. I was speaking more general.

cafctom said:

Both of which are utilized for their pace and attacking threat. Solly is very decent going forward but he's not going to smash in goals from 30-40 yards.

No he is not. But his delivery has improved this season. He could excel in the Premier league i have no doubts.
    Just hope if he goes that he goes to the right club.

• Options
    Taking his age, ability, value to the team into account (player of the year two seasons in a row) and also the fact Solly isn't desperate to leave I don't see why we can't say 6m take it or leave it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Taking his age, ability, value to the team into account (player of the year two seasons in a row) and also the fact Solly isn't desperate to leave I don't see why we can't say 6m take it or leave it.

I think if he leaves it will be the club's work not his.
  • Options
    Lowton went to Villa from a league one side last summer for 3m and he's a year older than Solly.

Solly after a year performing very well at a higher level is easily worth at least 5m.
  • Options
    The nightmare scenario is that the Stripey Nigels win the play offs because they would be in with the PL chequebook for him. I could just about bear to see him in Claret and Blue with six mill in our bank account (for as long as it stayed there or was spent on reinforcements, neither of which should be assumed) but not feckin Stripey red and blue FFS!
  • Options

The nightmare scenario is that the Stripey Nigels win the play offs because they would be in with the PL chequebook for him. I could just about bear to see him in Claret and Blue with six mill in our bank account (for as long as it stayed there or was spent on reinforcements, neither of which should be assumed) but not feckin Stripey red and blue FFS!

Why would he go there? If Palace do get promoted they are odds on to get relegated next season and he could end up playing in the Championship again, he's far too good to have to go there just to play in the premiership.

We should sell him this summer - or get him to sign an extension. In a season we could lose him for nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cafctom said:

You obviously didn't see his goal at Blackpool then.

• Options
    edited May 2013

• Options

Addickted said:

cafctom said:

You obviously didn't see his goal at Blackpool then.

• Options
    I work with someone who is a good friend of Solly's and he says that Solly is expecting a move to WHU this summer. However, no bids have been made and a lot of details would have to be right for this to happen. He also said that in no way is Solly "screaming" for this move.
  • Options
    I would love to keep Chris Solly and certainly wouldn't want him to go for less than £5m. I think he would do brilliantly in a top half Prem team and could even end up playing for England. He has to be worth that.