Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton-Newcastle - The match

Charlton: Carson; Young, Hreidarsson, Diawara, El Karkouri; Zheng, Holland, Song, Thomas; M Bent, D Bent.

Subs: Randolph, Bougherra, Faye, Rommedahl, Lisbie.

Newcastle: Given, Solano, Duff, Moore, Onyewu; Milner, Parker, Emre, Dyer; Sibierski, Martins.

Subs: Harper, Huntingdon, Bramble, Carroll, N'Zogbia

Comments

• Zheng Zhi in for Ambrose and makes his first start, Bent'n'Bent are both fit, Bougherra on the bench.

Looks a strong team, I guess ZZ will play on the right? Interesting that he's preferred over Romm.
  • Hope our midfield's on form - or should that be on Song - as theirs looks pretty strong on paper.

Shame Bramble's been dropped...
  • That looks quite an attacking Newcastle lineup.

Solano and Duff as the full backs!?! LOL.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]That looks quite an attacking Newcastle lineup.

Solano and Duff as the full backs!?! LOL.[/quote]

And a midfield of: Milner, Parker, Emre, Dyer...

Defensively they look weak.
  • Excellent - it's raining! (Always think we do better in the rain...)
  • Anyone got a link for a place to watch the game?
  • I'm listening on Radio London.

Someone mentioned Starsports before - but I'm not sure how you get this.
  • I've finally got to watch a game live on the internet! hooray!
  • Tell us how then jimbo -though by sound of it at the moment, I'm not sure I want to!!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Anyone got a link for a place to watch the game?

You have to pay 3.50 on livefooty.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Song injured - just what we don't need...
  • I've tried so many different places to watch our matches but this is the only one that really works:

http://liveonlinefooty.com/
  • I know that the wind isn't helping things, but that was an abysmal half of football.
  • The first half sounds a bit similar to the Watford game.

Hopefully Pardew can do what he did then, re-jig the team and come out stronger in the second half.
  • Let's hope Pards can get 'em up for the second half...
  • Lacking creativity - get Dennis on!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Tell us how then jimbo -though by sound of it at the moment, I'm not sure I want to!!

TVU free download

Down load the TVU player its free
    When you have downloaded and opened TVu player go to Star Sports the Game is Live
  • I don't think Dennis will change anything. Jerome has been one of our best players so far. Or would you put on Dennis for Matt Holland. I don't think we should underestimate the strength of the wind. Zheng spent a minute getting the ball to stay still for a corner.
  • Dennis is coming on
  • He's on for M. Bent. We shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• big blow losing Song, Faye's not going to have same impact, although he just clattered scotty. Its time for Dennis to get that first home goal. C'mon the addicks
  • 1-0 ZZ....

We've ridden our luck in this game so far...
  • Lucky or not. Get in.
  • Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zz is going to be a bit special.
  • Glad benty took control of the free kick and didnt allow borat to blast it into the upper tier
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]zz is going to be a bit special.

Agreed Peakey, we need to sign him as soon as posible. He's going to turn out to be a quality player
  • Although he should have put that away!
  • Zheng's best position seems to be playing just off of the main striker.

He's been more effective in there in 15 minutes, than he was the entire 1st half stuck out on the right.
  • Agreed hes shown in every appearance that he looks better playing of benty. I dont know why Pards didnt start this way. But were 1 up so who cares. cmon the addicks