Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daft Punk

13»

Comments

• Options
    we'll rub a mexican monkey!
  • Options
    Daft Punk: One More Time's Romanthony Dies

Dance music producer and singer Romanthony, who sang on one of Daft Punk's biggest hits, has reportedly died.

The artist's sister said in social network posts that he died at home in Austin, Texas, on May 7, although the news took time to filter through to his friends and collaborators in the music world.

The cause of his death has not yet been confirmed.

• Options
    Having downloaded the album I can confirm it is the nuts. Lose Yourself to Dance is awesome as is Get Lucky although not a really duff track on it in my opinion.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

The whole robot helmet thing can come in very handy when one member is ill and they have a DJ date to fulfill. Not that would do such a thing as use their manager to fill in , ahem.

Or two blokes from out the pub and a couple of hours worth of pre recorded stuff...

• Options
    Too much vocoder and it's all a bit feeble really. What happens when you sell out and appeal to the masses. Think I'll stick to the earlier banging stuff
    youtube.com/watch?v=-rsocvvc77w
  • Options
    Listened to it on Spotify and pretty impressed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    have just had my first proper listen. a couple of stand out tracks. the rest seem to get better now that i'm playing them for the second time. the last track is simply brilliant. got to love an organ.
  • Options
    Bld_10a said:

Too much vocoder and it's all a bit feeble really. What happens when you sell out and appeal to the masses. Think I'll stick to the earlier banging stuff

lol. People that think this is any kind of a departure for daft punk don't really know daft punk
  • Options
    I'm in love with the Paul Williams track, epic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm loving 'Georgio by Moroder'
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I'm in love with the Paul Williams track, epic

best track on the album, makes you realise life is just a sensory illusion.
  • Options

Bld_10a said:

lol. People that think this is any kind of a departure for daft punk don't really know daft punk
    Yep,bang to rights,the beige 'One more time' was 1 time too many and I completely tuned out. Background screwing music at best.
  • Options
    Have officially split up

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/daft-punk-have-split-up-publicist-confirms-1234912186/

Gutted. A group i really wanted to see that never got round to doing so.
  • Options
    Have officially split up

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/daft-punk-have-split-up-publicist-confirms-1234912186/

Same, had been on my bucket list of gigs I wanted to go to. 

One of the best and most influential groups of the last 20/30 years. 

Will be interesting to see if they do anything individually now Daft Punk is over.   
  • Options
    He's been retweeting that tweet for yonks. Which is why I find it funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Have officially split up

Same, had been on my bucket list of gigs I wanted to go to. 

One of the best and most influential groups of the last 20/30 years. 

Will be interesting to see if they do anything individually now Daft Punk is over.   
    As the variety article above suggests, I would say just as likely they are going to release music under a different name as they are to completely call time on making music together, such is the contrary nature of their output.  They have not played a proper gig in 2007, so it can't be the relentless touring that has driven them apart.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Never been a fan as a duo or individual tracks (stardust was awful always felt they were overrated, fair play for taking the commercial route but for me anything after mid nineties was a bit bland.

Would like to have caught a live show to see if it changed my mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a slight Limmy aside, I loved his sketch where he’s regaling everybody with dramatic intensity about the greatest karaoke performer he’d ever seen. ‘Do you know who it was?’ Then he whispers, ‘Marti Pellow.’
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    As a slight Limmy aside, I loved his sketch where he’s regaling everybody with dramatic intensity about the greatest karaoke performer he’d ever seen. ‘Do you know who it was?’ Then he whispers, ‘Marti Pellow.’
    Hit and miss for me, Limmy - but when he's funny he makes me laugh myself hoarse. That Daft Punk retweet gets me every time for some reason 
  • Options
    Oh, man. This is gutting. They have been a staple through my headphones for the last fifteen years of my life, if not a bit longer. They were one of the first bands that I "found" independently of my parents' taste and of the charts at the time when I was a tweenager, I would say, and Discovery has a really special place in my heart.

I'll leave you with my personal favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOS9aOIXPEk 
  • Options
    All the above said - I have no doubt that Thomas and Guy-Manuel will continue to make music in some way, and there will probably be some sort of "reunion" eventually. But this feels like a turning of the page in my life, so to speak. Weird, this.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    All the above said - I have no doubt that Thomas and Guy-Manuel will continue to make music in some way, and there will probably be some sort of "reunion" eventually. But this feels like a turning of the page in my life, so to speak. Weird, this.
    I'm sure a jazz home studio could tempt them back into the game! 
    Have to be a jazz valve home studio.