Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon released by Pompey, Moo2 retained

Portsmouth Evening News tonight states that ,amongst others, Thierry Racon has been released by Pompey as his wage demands , stated as being 4k a week , are too high for the cash-strapped club.
However, Moo2 has established himself as first choice full back and is to be offered a new deal (presumably for less than 4k a week)

Also, in the general Football section, Pompeys closest non-league 'brothers' Gosport Borough (only a ferry apart) got promoted into the Conference South yesterday by virtue of playoff final penalties -this will now mean than Pompey and Gosport next season will only be 2 tiers apart, whereas if you had asked the same question 3/4 years ago,there would have been a gap of some 8 divisions.

How times change.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport

Comments

• Options
    4k a week. No words.
  • Options
    Pleased for Moo2 - hope he can rebuild his career.
    Think Racon may have thrown away a good opportunity.
  • Options
    How can he still want the same money he was on initially at Charlton now he's had however many years of being crap and is playing for cash-strapped Portsmouth? What a cretin.
  • Options
    4k a week! Wouldn't give him £400, absolutely f*cking useless
  • Options
    Thought he was only on loan at pompey?
  • Options
    Presumably that's what he was/is on at Millwall.
  • Options

Thought he was only on loan at pompey?

Millwall have released him.

• Options
    I think he had a two year contract at Millwall, most of which he spent injured.

I guess he's entitled to hold out for what he thinks he's worth, whether he gets it is another question.
  • Options
    If ever the phrase 'nicking a living' was apt.
  • Options
    £4k a week in league 2 !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose 4k a week in L2 is quite high?
    What would he have been on at his height(Prem) at Charlton?
  • Options

£4k a week in league 2 !!!!

That was what he was earning in the Championship - he was on loan to Pompey.

• Options
    What does a 'typical' L2 player earn ?
  • Options
    Think the average was something like 36k a year.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

That's right, about 50k would be for a good player.

• Options

Plaaayer said:

And he wants £200k+? What a muppet!

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Plaaayer said:

And he wants £200k+? What a muppet!

What he wants and gets are two different things, 200k PA would be good money in the Championship.
  • Options
    is it time to review the racon / semedo threads of a couple of years ago and see who still thinks they were our 2 players who could have played in the prem?
  • Options
    He's played 18 games in 3 seasons and wants 4k a week at a league 2 club who've just come out of administration brought on by years of paying obscene wages to complete wasters.

His agent needs sacking.
  • Options

is it time to review the racon / semedo threads of a couple of years ago and see who still thinks they were our 2 players who could have played in the prem?

I never thought that of either, thought both were over-rated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be a bit insulted if I was a Pompey fan, considering the situation they're in...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think "the French Connection" (and Semedo) were all rumoured to be on £6k a week plus when with us if I remember rightly.

Not forgetting Martin Christensen!
  • Options

He's played 18 games in 3 seasons and wants 4k a week at a league 2 club who've just come out of administration brought on by years of paying obscene wages to complete wasters.

His agent needs sacking.

On the contrary, his agent would need sacking if he advised him to accept a much lower offer without scouting around for a better deal - which is his agent's job.

If he was offered something between £40-50k then it would represent a 75% reduction on what Millwall were likely paying him - bear in mind they only loaned him to Portsmouth. Why should he take a massive reduction in wages if his agent can get him a better deal elsewhere? He'll take the attitude that he's L1/nPower standard and will want something in his contract commensurate with that. He'll also take the attitude that he's proven his fitness over the last few months.

If on the other hand come September and he's still unattached then it would look foolish, we shall see...

• Options

His agent needs sacking.

On the contrary, his agent would need sacking if he advised him to accept a much lower offer without scouting around for a better deal - which is his agent's job.

If he was offered something between £40-50k then it would represent a 75% reduction on what Millwall were likely paying him - bear in mind they only loaned him to Portsmouth. Why should he take a massive reduction in wages if his agent can get him a better deal elsewhere? He'll take the attitude that he's L1/nPower standard and will want something in his contract commensurate with that. He'll also take the attitude that he's proven his fitness over the last few months.

If on the other hand come September and he's still unattached then it would look foolish, we shall see...

This
  • Options

His agent needs sacking.

As happened with Michael Stewart (I think that was his name) who Powell had on loan at the end of his first season

• Options
    Racon? .. sign him up !!!

errr that WAS a joke
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

No point me offering his sponsored, signed shirt on here for auction then.....

• Options

Plaaayer said:

I'll start the bidding with 20p.............
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

I'll start the bidding with 20p.............

Higher !

• Options
    Racon should be getting that much. But Pompey shouldn't be allowed to sign players on those sort of wages after the mess they made of their finances.