Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

brighton and hove albion

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Fishead said:

You Brighton loving b@stards!

Good stadium, good supporters, good team, good town, good identity. Whats not to like?
  • rananegra said:

Hope Brighton win. Very friendly fans, been through a lot and a club trying to do things well at their new stadium. In terms of ideas and making supporters (even away ones) welcome I thought they did a good job and maybe something that could be learned from? Suspect almost all of South London will be hoping for a Brighton win.

How friendly are we talking here? Anything you're not telling us?
  • RedPanda said:

Has anyone heard about restrictions for fans? Just seen this on another forum but I cannot believe it to be true:

If so then that is an absolute joke, regardless of what teams are involved.

Edit: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/semi-final-away-leg-palace-v-albion-807536.aspx

The following conditions of sale have been agreed by the two clubs, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police:
    1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.
    2. Your details and seat number will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.
    3. The ticket may only be used by the purchaser.
    4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.
    5. You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.
    6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.
    7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
    8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person.

That is f'n ridiculous. If deemed a 'success', they'll do it for a league fixture. Then there will be a knock on effect on other matches around the country. Anyone thinking 'oh but if you're not a trouble maker it won't matter' is missing the point.
    What's wrong with this? Pretty standard isn't it?
    I could be wrong but when has this been done before in this country? It's not Ajax v Feyenoord and it's a step beyond the picking up tickets at a service station or a bubble trip.

It also worries me where it might or might not stop. Does singing outside the ground count as being aggressive? Does slurring your words after a couple of pints mean you won't get in? Would that then mean a ban? Given the complete screw up after our game against Palace, the police could well take the easy option and enforce it for our visit next season if there's no trouble or vandalism.

• no, want Palace to get to the final so that:

> Brighton stay in Champs and we get to visit their stadium again (purely selfish reason)
    > Holloway's mob get beaten 5-0 in the final or lose to a last minute goal that deflects in off the referee who is then exposed in the media as an Eaglist
  • I never want Palace to win any game, against anyone ever. Irrational? Totally. But whoever said football was rational?
  • edited May 2013
    Football is rational.
  • I hope they get humiliated and Zaha picks up a nasty injury - I assume MU have some clause which means they can stop the deal if he gets injured etc.

• RedPanda said:

Has anyone heard about restrictions for fans? Just seen this on another forum but I cannot believe it to be true:

If so then that is an absolute joke, regardless of what teams are involved.

Edit: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/semi-final-away-leg-palace-v-albion-807536.aspx

The following conditions of sale have been agreed by the two clubs, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police:
    1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.
    2. Your details and seat number will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.
    3. The ticket may only be used by the purchaser.
    4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.
    5. You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.
    6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.
    7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
    8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person.

That is f'n ridiculous. If deemed a 'success', they'll do it for a league fixture. Then there will be a knock on effect on other matches around the country. Anyone thinking 'oh but if you're not a trouble maker it won't matter' is missing the point.
    Oh well, something to prepare for our trip to Sainsburys next season then.

• Very good stig
  • Sponsored links:

• I like brighton's chances against the palarse and also whoever wins out of watford and leicester
  • PL54 said:

I hope they get humiliated and Zaha picks up a nasty injury - I assume MU have some clause which means they can stop the deal if he gets injured etc.

I hope that is said in jest, as wishing a nasty injury on someone is pretty low.
  • PL54 said:

I hope they get humiliated and Zaha picks up a nasty injury - I assume MU have some clause which means they can stop the deal if he gets injured etc.

I hope that is said in jest, as wishing a nasty injury on someone is pretty low.
    Not life threatening of course - just Palace threatening.
  • Brighton would be top of the form table...
    ... If it wasn't for us!

They will squash Palace - simples

(nice one Stig)
  • Come on you seagulls ;-) used to go to goldstone when charlton was playing away ( that's if we couldn't get to the away game) watched jonny robinson before we signed him :-) my dad used to if we ever sell Robert lee we should get him! Anyway go brighton :-)
  • Not even a discussion, im sure 100% of charlton supporters will be cheering Brighton on
  • I just want a fair game and may best team win.

Bollox do I.......I want the left footers to cane the Palace twats!

Palace have already cost me a bullseye this year, bets with the Nigel at work.
  • Greenie said:

I just want a fair game and may best team win.

Bollox do I.......I want the left footers to cane the Palace twats!

Palace have already cost me a bullseye this year, bets with the Nigel at work.

Cost me £80, rolling from last few years bet i have with cousin :( if only we could double or quits for another year...
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTAAkKKS0lk i just found this not sure wether its been on here before but it is so embarassing
  • As my wife and 2 young sons are all season ticket holders then I feel compelled to want Brighton to win regardless of who they are playing. But it's even more important as it's the Nigel's they are playing. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Leicester will win the final though but I haven't told my family that.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTAAkKKS0lk i just found this not sure wether its been on here before but it is so embarassing

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha * deep breath*
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

are they for réal?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Brighton reported us to the league for singing horrid songs didn't they.

Let's hold the love-in for now.
  • PL54 said:

The deal has gone thru.
    It cannot be stopped.
    He is a Man United player and on loan at Crystal Palace.

Any injury will only affect Man United not Palace.

• Is there anything their supporters do that isn't really, really embarrassing. I nearly pressed stop on that video twice in the space of a minute simply because I was cringing so hard.
  • I shall be watching the 1st leg from a bar in Hemsby, shouting and swearing and completely baffling the gathered rockabillys and rockers at a weekender.
  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i just watched it again. Funniest thing i have seen for ages. If It was meant to be Funny it wouldn't be as hilarious.
  • edited May 2013

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i just watched it again. Funniest thing i have seen for ages. If It was meant to be Funny it wouldn't be as hilarious.

Comments have to be approved as well, Goddammit. The best one is still the disco ball they used at Watford. Or the hardman walk down that alleyway.

• RedPanda said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comments have to be approved as well, Goddammit. The best one is still the disco ball they used at Watford. Or the hardman walk down that alleyway.

The alleyway walk wins it for me hands down,I reckon it took a couple of takes to get it right!

• 4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.

There are only 2 forms of widely accepted adult photo identity - passport and driving licence.

Neither of which is compulsory to have.

If you don't have one - you can't go to this game, no matter how well behaved you are.

Welcome to the police state everyone.
  • Seeeeeeagulls !