Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fred 'Nosher' Powell RIP

(Have done a quick search and can't see anything on this. Apologies if already mentioned)

Died last week aged 82. Boxer, actor but primarily known as a stuntman. Hardly a British series of the '60s and '70s he didn't appear in: Danger Man, Randall & Hopkirk (deceased), The Saint, The Champions etc. etc. and only last week saw him getting knocked about by Regan in an old Sweeney. Also fought as a licensed and unlicensed boxer in a total of around 90 fights. RIP Nosher.

Comments

• used to drink in my Aunts pub in Bermondsey.

RIP Nosher
  • I played golf with him at Eltham Warren 2 years back. Really nice guy.

RIP
  • Saw him jousting in a pageant in the mid 70's...very humourous man. RIP.
  • Was he a Addick ?
  • We were waiting for a cab at Gatwick once and Nosher pulled up in a Roller to collect Michael Winner and a lady friend. He was holding the door open when one of our number piped up "Oi Nosher - Mr Knuckles, Blah, Blah, Blah" which was from Five go mad in Dorset where he played one of the heavies. He looked quite chuffed, dunno what Michael Winner thought.

RIP
  • edited April 2013
    Used to collect his son's (Greg) car for servicing. He does stunt co-ordinating on movies and did the Harry Potters and Band of Brothers amongst many others. Usually came to the door on crutches or in plaster: I got into trouble once for adjusting the driver's seat as it had taken him ages to get it just right for his bad back! 'Sorry Mr. Powell, but I can't reach the pedals otherwis'. He's a big fella!
  • edited April 2013
    hard days of boxing, lost a fair few being koed but had some wars , rip
  • edited April 2013
    He used to own / run the Prince of Wales Youngs pub Garratt Lane Tooting / Wimbledon borders in the 70's. Sad news met him several times RIP.
  • RIP Nosher
  • Sponsored links:

• My Aunt had a wall of pennies for the local homeless . They wanted a celeb to knock the wall over --Max Bygraves wanted mega dosh , Nosher did it for free.
  • Was he a Addick ?

He was Millwall
  • He was working the door at a rave club called ziggys in streatham in about 88/89.RIP.
  • edited April 2013

Was he a Addick ?

He was Millwall
    So why do we have a thread about him? After all, he sounds a bit of a z-list celeb (i'd never heard of him). Seems like we have a RIP for anybody nowadays.

My ex father-in-law was Millwall and he passed away a couple of months ago- shall we have a RIP for him? - after all, he's beaten up a few people in his life.
  • Blah blah blah - stolen plans - blah blah blah - missing scientists - blah blah blah. Blah blah blah - atom bombs - blah blah blah - third world war - blah blah blah. Blah blah blah - Kneecap Hill - blah blah blah - big secret - blah blah blah - kidnapped boy - blah blah blah - everything ties up - blah blah blah. RIP Nosher - blah blah blah.
  • We were waiting for a cab at Gatwick once and Nosher pulled up in a Roller to collect Michael Winner and a lady friend. He was holding the door open when one of our number piped up "Oi Nosher - Mr Knuckles, Blah, Blah, Blah" which was from Five go mad in Dorset where he played one of the heavies. He looked quite chuffed, dunno what Michael Winner thought.
    RIP

Great story Big William.
  • how about you don't read and comment to it president
  • Saw his obit in the Independent, recognised his face from loads of things, sounds like a top character.