Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Braking system vacuum pump help needed.

I have a vacuum pump on the back of my alternator which wasnt working that well. I stripped it down and cleaned all surfaces to ensure there were no leaks. I now have vacuum and brakes but on repeated stabs on the peddle the servo seems to run out. The non return valve is working ok so I'm thinking it could be the carbon vanes are not sealing properly against the sides of the pump. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    Blimey, you swallowed a dictionary this morning mb ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Air in the brake lines?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    From someone with an interesting theory about the universe this has got to be a wind up mb. Best advice I can give is for goodness sake don't drive it :0)
  • Options
    EGAddick said:

Air in the brake lines?

No, brakes are spot on...the assistance is the problem but thanks anyway.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

From someone with an interesting theory about the universe this has got to be a wind up mb. Best advice I can give is for goodness sake don't drive it :0)

Not a wind up, I really do miss the bleeding obvious sometimes :-)

• Options
    Sounds like an inanimate object with no purpose is letting you down. I blame greed.
  • Options

Sounds like an inanimate object with no purpose is letting you down. I blame greed.

Nothing is inanimate. Just because you can articulate your point doesn't give you any more purpose than said object. In addition your cross posting is causing chaos and we all know where that leads.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Has it got ABS or some sort of emergency braking system? I remember from my car delivery days, on some Mercs with ABS, it felt like you were pressing a brick down if you hit the pedal quickly but it was the ABS coming in. Could you have got something working that didn't work before?
  • Options
    march...its the fact that the vacuum doesnt last more than 3 or 4 presses of the pedal. I'm thinking now that these vehicles were produced with shit brakes.