Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year

Can't believe Carrick is 80-1. Man U have slaughtered the opposition this year, but they always seem to pick a glamour name/player.

Football Odds
Gareth Bale (Tottenham) 1/4
Robin van Persie (Man Utd) 6/1
Luis Suarez (Liverpool) 6/1
Juan Mata (Chelsea) 50/1
Michael Carrick (Man Utd) 80/1
Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 100/1

Comments

• Options
    And Gareth Bale got it, great player but what have they won?
  • Options
    IMO it's deserved. He's been fantastic.
  • Options
    Bale and Suarez have been the standout players this year IMO - even more remarkable that they could both end up without champions league finishes
  • Options
    Carrick has done nothing all season apart from scoring against Stoke the other week.
  • Options

Carrick has done nothing all season apart from scoring against Stoke the other week.

Most ridiculous post of the year
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Bale and Suarez have been the standout players this year IMO - even more remarkable that they could both end up without champions league finishes

TG Suarez didn't win, that would have been embarrassing!
  • Options
    Carrick has had a very good season for United, but Bale deserves the award.
  • Options
    Can't argue with Bale winning the main award but should we not be looking at a re-working of the young player award? Could we not have a PL "rookie" /breakthrough U-21 award to recognise real breakthrough talent in the PL rather than more established stars who happen to be "young" like Bale? I thought the same when Ronaldo won both.

This year I would have liked to have seen a winner from the likes of:

Nastasic
    De Gea
    Oscar
    Lukaku
    Benteke
    Ben Davies
  • Options
    Got to be Bale
  • Options
    Thought Benteke should've got Young Player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team of the year, i had to look up who Vertonghen played for. Never heard of him From being pretty much a football encyclopedia a few years ago, the little i know about Premiership football these days is bordering on frightening.
  • Options

Do you watch much football?

• Options

Team of the year, i had to look up who Vertonghen played for. Never heard of him From being pretty much a football encyclopedia a few years ago, the little i know about Premiership football these days is bordering on frightening.

I know what you mean. Despite one playing for Arsenal and one for Tottenham, I always get Vertongen and Vermaelen mixed up because I'm just not interested enough - even though I've been to a couple of Spurs games this season.
    I only watch Match of The day if I've heard there was an amazing goal/save/incident/controversy.
  • Options
    If I'm honest, I think Suarez should have got it. Has been far more consistent than Bale.

Bale has been unplayable at times but he's not as consistent as some other Tottenham performers this season and I really dont think he'll even win the club player of the year.
    Dembele, Vertonghen, Lennon, Dawson and Lloris (and Sandro until he got injured) have been absolutely outstanding all season and have maybe only had a couple of bad games between them.

Very surprised Michu or Baines weren't nominated for the main award, thought they've been outstanding this season too. Also surprised that Benteke didnt win the young player award.