Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Hudson...money

Has anybody heard an official word about us receiving an additional installment following Cardiff being promoted.

Comments

• Options
    Not me!
  • Options
    I can confirm I have heard nothing!
  • Options
    All will be revealed when we get taken over.
  • Options
    That was way too long ago for any bonus to kick in.
  • Options
    Nope not a dicky.
  • Options
    Maybe Richard Murray will be able to enlighten the assembled fans on 1st May.
  • Options
    If we had a clause in the deal I'd suggest our 'owners' will have already sold it on for fifty quid.
  • Options
    The news was swirling around Melbourne last week but since then its all gone quiet...
  • Options
    Wiki says
    In July 2009, Hudson signed for Championship side Cardiff City for a fee of £1.075m with an extra £250,000 possible if the Bluebirds reach the Premier League.
    and
    On 13 January 2012, Hudson signed a two year contract extension keeping him in the Welsh capital until 2014
    Would assume the 250k would only have covered his original contract at most, so I doubt we are in for a windfall.
  • Options
    Transfer clauses aren't affected by a players contract, otherwise teams could just give a player a new contract a day after signing them to negate the clause.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob62 said:

Transfer clauses aren't affected by a players contract, otherwise teams could just give a player a new contract a day after signing them to negate the clause.

Yes but if wiki is right, then the original contract would have finished in 2012.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

Yes but if wiki is right, then the original contract would have finished in 2012.
    Still doesn't affect what Rob62 has said. The agreement would have been between Charlton and Cardiff, not Hudson and Cardiff - which is a separate matter.
  • Options
    The contract between Cardiff City and Charlton Athletic would have to be distinct from the contract between Mark Hudson and Cardiff City. Any additional payments may have been timebound, but Hudson signing a new agreement is irrelevant.

Basically, what EGA says.
  • Options
    and like I said our board will have sold this on long ago or even in the last couple of months for a lot less than the originally aggreed amount.
  • Options
    EGAddick said:

Rob62 said:

Still doesn't affect what Rob62 has said. The agreement would have been between Charlton and Cardiff, not Hudson and Cardiff - which is a separate matter.
    I can't believe that the clause would have been for a longer time period than the players contract. But I gladly would like to be proven wrong.
  • Options

EGAddick said:

Rob62 said:

I can't believe that the clause would have been for a longer time period than the players contract. But I gladly would like to be proven wrong.
    Im sorry but you are :), ie we get money if Mcginty plays for UTD... but theres not a chance he is still on the same contract as when he left us.
  • Options
    As above, the clause will have stood through a new contract unless the add-on was itself time dependent, however I've no doubt as buckshee says we would have sold it on as we did with other similar add-ons
  • Options

EGAddick said:

Rob62 said:

yes, it still stands even if he has left the Club in the meantime ;-)

• Options
    Hudson has been immense for Cardiff this season, another what might have been...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Shame Pardew didn't bring in anyone to play alongside him after Bougherra left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have a rock solid agreement with Cardiff where-by they will loan us any players we want when they are in the premiership. Hudson will be back playing for us before the end of August.
  • Options
    DRF said:

We have a rock solid agreement with Cardiff where-by they will loan us any players we want when they are in the premiership. Hudson will be back playing for us before the end of August.

I know you're joshing but I'd sooner stick with Morro and Dervite than Hudson.

• Options

Shame Pardew didn't bring in anyone to play alongside him after Bougherra left.

Agreed. Fortune and Primus weren't fit enough or good enough and the fullbacks were pretty grim (Crainie, Youga, Murty, Butterfield, McEverley) And Ward was signed a bit too late.

• Options
    I'd feel bad taking any more money off of them, he was awful, the day we signed him a mate of mine in the press said he had the turning circle of a barge... I thought that was harsh on barges speed of turning!
  • Options

I'd feel bad taking any more money off of them, he was awful, the day we signed him a mate of mine in the press said he had the turning circle of a barge... I thought that was harsh on barges speed of turning!

But he hasn't been awful for Cardiff, he got in the PFA team of the year, he was 'Pardewed' when he was with us
  • Options
    He was playing alongside some of the worst defenders seen at the club and I shouldn't imagine the pressure of captaining a team full of loan players and losing every week, did much for his confidence. Probably the strongest header of a ball we've had since the Premier League days. Think he will struggle next season but a very good Championship player.
  • Options
    To be fair I still think we got the better side of the deal, we got Hudson for free and gave them McCarthy for 400K was it not?
  • Options
    If we had kept Paddy, would we have stayed up? That season, if we had scraped 4th from bottom, the long recovery would have been a lot easier, and new investment might have come in sooner
  • Options

If we had kept Paddy, would we have stayed up? That season, if we had scraped 4th from bottom, the long recovery would have been a lot easier, and new investment might have come in sooner

No. We were so far adrift and had far too many poor or half interested players. Towards the end we were looking to Chris Dickson to give us some hope. Can you imagine Chris Dickson or Tresor Kandol even getting near the team we have now? BWP can't even get near it.

• Options
    Well Trevor Candle wouldn't but he was playing for us in league one.