Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Robbie Elliot

Let in six, but may as well have not had a defence in front of him at all if the MOTD highlights are anything to go by! If there are ever times you wish you weren't the first choice goalkeeper, I expect this may just be one of them.

Comments

• Options
    That's what I thought watching it. Can't really fault him for the goals I thought.

Tipped a good one onto the bar though.....
  • Options
    no tunnel jump for him today, never mind.
  • Options
    The so called defence in front of him was non existant.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

That's what I thought watching it. Can't really fault him for the goals I thought.

Tipped a good one onto the bar though.....

I've only seen the first couple but he got caught in no-mans land for the first one. Hardly entrely his fault, mostly it was Taylor's for being way too slow pushing up but Elliot might have done better. Hamer is still the better keeper in my opinion.
  • Options
    robbie elliott @robbieelliott3 4h
    I was concerned after the eufa defeat that the season would die. Some players have checked out already #nufc Mirrors need to be looked in
  • Options

robbie elliott @robbieelliott3 4h
    I was concerned after the eufa defeat that the season would die. Some players have checked out already #nufc Mirrors need to be looked in

Wrong Elliot.
  • Options
    love it Pardew is a tosser....sorry Elliot but sometimes be careful what you wish for.....
  • Options
    6 goals went past Robbie, went past Robbie Elliot...1 goal, 2 goal...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    I'm guessing from what SELR said that the robbie elliot twitterer is the ex full back who used to play for newcastle
    And I'm not a rocket scientist
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Twitter comment is from Robbie Elliott the former Newcastle player. Not current goalkeeper and ex Charlton player Rob Elliot.
  • Options
    apols
  • Options
    Wasn't Rob known as Robert before going to Newcastle?

;-)
  • Options
    Imagine the score if they'd been taking long range shots
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Imagine the score if they'd been taking long range shots

You obviously didn't see the sixth goal then...
  • Options
    He's playing in a side mostly composed of French mercenaries who have zero bottle. We could well see him make an appearance at the valley next season as I doubt if Krul will hang around after a relegation. But in all honesty, Elliot is not even close to being a top class keeper
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    He made a top class save at the end. A 'worldy' I believe is the term.
  • Options
    Apart from and maybe even including yesterday he seems to have done pretty well in the Prem.

No chance with the first five goals certainly which were 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1.

Otherwise NUFCs troubles don't appear to be down to him.
  • Options
    He!s just anothrr poor Pardew signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's playing in a side mostly composed of French mercenaries who have zero bottle.

are we talking cheese-eating surrender monkeys here?

;0)
  • Options
    Had an absolute stormer today against west ham, made a brilliant double save. Good on him, glad to see he's doing well.
  • Options
    Yeah just seen that, he was great.
  • Options
    The strange life of the reserve goalkeeper, 28 appearances in four years and still up for sticking it out a bit longer. Seems a waste of a career to me, although I'm sure the money makes up for it:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/08/rob-elliot-determined-to-stay-and-fight-for-his-place-at-newcast/?
  • Options
    An easy life with no pressure and lots of money. Why not?
  • Options
    I don't think 'poor' is the right word.
  • Options
    Poor?

I wish I was a pound behind him...
  • Options
    He is obviously very comfortable indeed financially but I wonder how fulfilled he feels?

Will he get to 40 or so and regret not playing or will counting his wad prove sufficient consolation?