Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe to name entire starting XI of academy players

Comments

• Options
    hope they win
  • Options
    got them mid table in the prem on fm13 set to make a profit of £25 million in the season and using mostly academy players and barcelona/real madrid cast aways. Most proud achievement on football manager.

Yes i know i'm really sad :)

I wish a lot more clubs certainly lower down had the same approach as Crewe. How difficult would it be to implement? I guess there's the investment of top notch training facilities. But really?
  • Options
    O'Grady has an excellent development system up at Crewe
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

O'Grady has an excellent development system up at Crewe

This is a pun right ? .. Dario Gradi
  • Options
    No its the irish fella Da O Grady ;)
  • Options

got them mid table in the prem on fm13 set to make a profit of £25 million in the season and using mostly academy players and barcelona/real madrid cast aways. Most proud achievement on football manager.

I wish a lot more clubs certainly lower down had the same approach as Crewe. How difficult would it be to implement? I guess there's the investment of top notch training facilities. But really?

This has inspired me to start a FM13 with the 'other' CAFC.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

This has inspired me to start a FM13 with the 'other' CAFC.

make sure you upgrade the youth facilities as soon as you can and get them as a tier 1 academy. You'll have to sell the occasional youth product (sell luke murphy at the end of your first season and max clayton at the end of your 2nd or 3rd and sell other youth after they reach about 19/20 to fund your academy. I only signed players on frees as well and kept the wages low. Had my first product get his first england cap now. If you can get to the prem from then on you're making the club a lot of money and have no debt.
  • Options
    also, immediatly get them to upgrade their junior coaching!
  • Options
    All noted! That's my weekend sorted!