Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kev Davies given the boot at Bolton and no Testimonial!

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't mind him having a testimonial as long as the money goes to charity.....:)
  • Options
    Bolton's finances are in a serious mess, anything to save a few quid and as has been stated, Davies has made a lot of money during his career. The era of nice gestures is over for most clubs
  • Options

He got his first move from Chesterfield to Southampton after scoring a hat trick against Bolton (i think) in the FA Cup. It quadrupled his wages and for a 19 year old it was heady heights. A year or so later his wages were quadrupled again in a move to Blackburn. Despite his millionaires assetts Kev continued to hang with his old mates who were all plasterers, electricians and regular blokes that like a pint or four on a saturday night. His best cheesiest pick up whilst in a club, was to ask two models if they'd like to come back to his house for a 'pool party'. Shamefully they obliged. Still he was a top lad and very down to earth. Grew up in a very working class part of Sheffield and i believe is a Blade. The best aspect was that his mates never let him get ahead of himself and in the pubs he bought a round like everyone else and didn't lord it up. Not seen him for many years now, but doubt he's changed much.

Heh. Top player, I hope his testimonial goes to a worthy cause.

Why not have a testimonial pool party with the same two models?

Might attract a bigger crowd.

• Options
    BBC are saying Toronto....
  • Options
    If there is a testimonial the money would go to charity wouldn't it ?
  • Options
    if he has a testimonial he should donate the proceeds to worthy causes.
  • Options
    As if he needs a testimonial greedy sod , typical selfish premiership player

If as has been suggested on here, he hasn't asked for a testimonial, what is it that causes you to insult him ?
  • Options
    I agree he should be given one, and no doubt it will go to charity as most testimonials do thesedays!
    also sorry for my ignorance but im curious how you know Kevin Davies prince-e-paul? im sure ive probably missed something before.
  • Options
    I don't think it is the money, in these greed filled times a player who has ten years service at one club should be recognised, whilst I am sure he has been well rewarded he hasn't had the regular big money moves of, say , a Craig Bellamy. It is a way of supporters saying thank you to a loyal servant and unless there are factors that we don't know about, shoddy behaviour from Bolton
  • Options
    Testimonials are a bit of an old fashioned thing , and when players earnt a lot less / had to retire early through injury it made sense , most 'normal' people in their jobs do not get rewarded for sticking with a company for a long period of time , quite the opposite in fact , out of interest did Richard Rufus ever have one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he's that bothered about it why doesn't he organise a charity match himself? Or will he be earning out of it?
  • Options

if he has a testimonial he should donate the proceeds to worthy causes.

The retired footballer's fund?
  • Options
    I had forgotten that Blackburn gave him a free transfer ten years ago after paying 7million+ for him. Nothing new at Blackburn then, they sure know how to waste their resources
  • Options
    Would be a good way to raise money for a charity
  • Options
    pills out o Toronto deal "after seeking legal advice"
  • Options

I had forgotten that Blackburn gave him a free transfer ten years ago after paying 7million+ for him. Nothing new at Blackburn then, they sure know how to waste their resources

They didn't Gove him a free transfer, they swapped him for the might Egil Ostenstad.
  • Options
    Pretty much 100% of testimonial matches that happen in the top two divisions involve the proceeds going to charity. Not sure why so many people are getting up in arms and demanding that to happen, when it most obviously will (if the game goes ahead).

10 years at a single club is an incredible achievement and deserves the recognition of a one off game that I'm sure many would want to turn out for - players and fans alike.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Pretty much 100% of testimonial matches that happen in the top two divisions involve the proceeds going to charity. Not sure why so many people are getting up in arms and demanding that to happen, when it most obviously will (if the game goes ahead).

Sorry but whoooooooosh. : - )