Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy St George's Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Happy St George's Day
  • Options
    The sun shining proves that God is an Englishman ;-)

Happy St George's day
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Happy St George's Day.

I long for a society where we can treat this day with the utmost importance, rather than bizarrely having it shadowed by St Patricks each year!

I wish it was a different day we celebrated, one with some actual meaning rather than based on a Sait who os patron of loads of countries, had no connection with England at all and about whom we know virtually nothing.

VE day or Trafalgar day, something like that would be much more meaningful to me.

• Options
    Happy St George's Day to all. Lovely day for a pint!
  • Options
    Happy St Georges day.. but lets not forget St Edmund the true Anglish patron Saint...
  • Options
    VE and Trafalgar would be British though not specifically about England.
  • Options
    Fair point GH althogh then again St G's day is celebrated in about a dozen countries...Georgia even named the country after him!

• Options
    Sun's out, those lucky enough to be quenching their thirst today, Enjoy.
  • Options
    I'm off Wed-Fri, gutted. Will be out tonight anyway
  • Options
    happy St G's day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Googles search page is pretty cool today
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Had a couple of hours in Leadenhall Market, in and outside the Lamb. No Special on today which was a bit of a shame, it was good yesterday in there. Bombardier wasn't bad at all. Lots going on, Morris Dancing, Trad Jazz band and general jovial atmosphere. Lots of older people there too which was rather nice.
  • Options
    Happy St George's Day from the green fields of Picardy where the bodies of 7 Englishman of the HAC were finally laid to rest after 96 years, Lest we forget
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    George Orwell (1903-1950)

"In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman, and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably true, that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during "God Save the King" than stealing from a poor box".
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England".
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Had a couple of hours in Leadenhall Market, in and outside the Lamb. No Special on today which was a bit of a shame, it was good yesterday in there. Bombardier wasn't bad at all. Lots going on, Morris Dancing, Trad Jazz band and general jovial atmosphere. Lots of older people there too which was rather nice.

bit of maypole dancing down there at lunchtime today .. reckon that would suit you sir!

• Options
    Good cafc contingent in covent garden for the afternoon. Cracking day as always.
  • Options
    A bloke in my office has just told us that George was in fact Turkish,and he killed a crocodile which was threatening a Village. Apparently King Edward nicked the story because it gave him a boost. So, have a great Kebab Day everybody.
  • Options
    Zzzzzz.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy St Georges Day for yesterday!