Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kidderminster v Stockport

Kidderminster go 1-0 up, effectively relegating Stockport, so Stockport fans decide to invade the pitch and attack the Kidderminster players!

Comments

• Options
    And their own player. The players havevjust come back out on the pitch.
  • Options
    It wasn't real Stockport fans, fans of other clubs have gone (most likely Millwall who nipped over from the Hudds game), 5.15 kick off to blame, police too slow/too quick, worse things happened at another game somewhere, media pick on Stockport blah blah blah
  • Options
    They were in the same league as us not that long ago
  • Options
    Obviously a disgrace to attack players but you have to feel sorry for the fans. The club is finished.
  • Options
    Was waiting on them for a bet so especially weren't happy but seems like justice has been done and Harriers now 3-0 up. Mansfield beating wrexham mean it's going to be out kidderminster's hands and down to the last game of the season.
  • Options
    this is the last game of their season
  • Options
    this is the last day of the season
  • Options

Was waiting on them for a bet so especially weren't happy but seems like justice has been done and Harriers now 3-0 up. Mansfield beating wrexham mean it's going to be out kidderminster's hands and down to the last game of the season.

This is the last game of the season. Mansfield are champs.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Boom said:

This is the last game of the season. Mansfield are champs.
    No, Kiddy are, well thats what I read last night
  • Options
    Wrong.

How could you have read it last night when the games have only just finished?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    What was said was that Kiddy just needed to win to win the title which obviously was wrong
  • Options
    I did think that's why they all kicked off late but my Sky sports app had all the teams down as played 45 and usually it updates to in play. My bad looks too little too late then.
  • Options
    My home town team, Kiddy, saddened about the invasion and that they couldn't quite pull it off, they had an appalling start to the season and came good at the end. Really hope they go up via the play offs hope to get to Wembley to see them there and do so on May 5th
  • Options
    Latimer said:

My home town team, Kiddy, saddened about the invasion and that they couldn't quite pull it off, they had an appalling start to the season and came good at the end. Really hope they go up via the play offs hope to get to Wembley to see them there and do so on May 5th

Didn't know we had another Kidderminstonian on here @Latimer. Not my home town anymore but was until 2 years ago. Where abouts in Kiddy are you based? You're not Lawrence are you? If you aren't then there's quite a strong hold of Addicks in carpet country!

Feel for the Harriers, they were bottom three early in the season and have been on an incredible run to only just miss out on automatic promotion. They've not had much luck with promotion over the years, the injustice it's still felt from the time they were denied promotion because their ground want up to league standards by some stupid deadline, even though it was ready in time for the following season. Hopefully they carry the form into the playoffs.

• Options
    E_A

Home was actually Areley Kings, Stourport, went to Hartlebury Grammar School, then King Charles when the merger took place 1977-79. Played in the same district and county football team as Paul Ocker Davies the KHFC goal scoring legend. Left there in 1979, now live in Northamptonshire for the last 24 years, but going there tomorrow to see the folks and have lunch in Holt Fleet. Dad from Woolwich he worked at the power station. Obviously new a great many people who worked at Brintons, Bond Worth Gilt Edge, CMCO, Victoria carpets etc. Farmers boy was a favourite haunt back then, now a Vets!

Likewise the injustice of the excellent cup run then denial of promotion was a major injustice especially as they thought they could delay and actually did get the ground done not by the deadline but for the season start. I too hope they continue their great form into the play offs
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is there any footage of this about?
  • Options

It wasn't real Stockport fans, fans of other clubs have gone (most likely Millwall who nipped over from the Hudds game), 5.15 kick off to blame, police too slow/too quick, worse things happened at another game somewhere, media pick on Stockport blah blah blah

Today is a sad sad day for County. I grew up in Stockport. Like most of the 250,000 in the town I was encouraged by peers to support Utd or City, but preferred to go for the local team. Nobody supported County- you were laughed at. But it was a great friendly club. Some momentum built in the early 90s and we made it to Wembley a few times and Div 3 under the legendary Uruguan Danny Bergara. Then Dave Jones took over, a new stand was built and the heady heights of the Championship was reached as well as the semis of the League Cup.

I moved to London in that year (96/97) and saw County beat Charlton on a Tue night at the Valley in the 97/98 season. I always appreciated that Charlton put the price lower for the county fans-just £10. In the same season it was £20 at Selhurst.

Since I've had kids myself I've made sure they, like I did with County, support their local team -Charlton. No plastic Chelsea or Arsenal in my house.

Today marks County's 5th relegation in 11 years. They have had countless useless managers in that time, ranging from Carlton Palmer to Didi Hamman. They have been in administration, having to sell off prize players like Anthony Pilkington for peanuts. Worst of all they were bought by business man Brian Kennedy (owner of Sale Sharks RFU) who gave up on them after a couple of years, selling them to the supporters trust for a £1, but keeping ownership of the ground Edgeley Park. The club have since had a succession of owners who seem to have little idea/success on running the club. As Kennedy owns the ground, there is a catastrophic loss of a vital revenue stream. An all time low was achieved in the season before last when they were relegated out of the football league-the first time in 106 years!

Today is a new unthinkable all time low. The idiots on the pitch were evidently County fans, although rumour has it a number are on a banning order. There is no defense for going on the pitch. It is just another final sad incident in a catalogue of crap the club has suffered in the last decade. It is worth saying though that those who invaded the pitch were a minority-County took well over a thousand to Kiddy today.

The future of the club is bleak. It is quite possible they will have to go part-time, leave Edgeley Park and play at Altrincham or Woodley Sports (about the size of Bromley FC). That, for many, will be the end. I imagine some Charlton felt similar feelings when having to go Selhurst and Upton. Unlike Charlton, sadly the town don't seem to have much fight for keeping them going. The council have historically never been that supportive and, as said above, most of the 250000 population seem content to support or armchair support the monied Mancunian teams.

It still amazes me where County are now. There are currently so many ex County playing successfully in the premier and football league- Pilkington, Le Fondre, Ruddy, Lambert, Henessey, Ashley Williams, Tommy Rowe to name a few.

So it hurts. For a minority of idiots who had been on the ale all day today (5:15 KO) they crossed a line that should never be crossed, but unlike Millwall I don't think many County fans will do anything other than hold their hands up and say "yes, it was some of our own, yes it is indefensible, yes it is embarrassing and, like most of the last decade, totally crap".

• Options
    Ahhh Kingy. I have some happy memories of that place, although I left in 2000. The Farmer's Boy was turned into a Vets before I was old enough to even try getting served but I remember it being there. Sadly most of the Carpet factories are gone now and the town is still suffering the effects of having its main employers shipped abroad, like many old industrial towns.

I'm in Canada now, and while I obviously miss some people and a few old haunts I can't see myself moving back anytime soon.
  • Options

Today is a sad sad day for County. I grew up in Stockport. Like most of the 250,000 in the town I was encouraged by peers to support Utd or City, but preferred to go for the local team. Nobody supported County- you were laughed at. But it was a great friendly club. Some momentum built in the early 90s and we made it to Wembley a few times and Div 3 under the legendary Uruguan Danny Bergara. Then Dave Jones took over, a new stand was built and the heady heights of the Championship was reached as well as the semis of the League Cup.

I moved to London in that year (96/97) and saw County beat Charlton on a Tue night at the Valley in the 97/98 season. I always appreciated that Charlton put the price lower for the county fans-just £10. In the same season it was £20 at Selhurst.

Since I've had kids myself I've made sure they, like I did with County, support their local team -Charlton. No plastic Chelsea or Arsenal in my house.

Today marks County's 5th relegation in 11 years. They have had countless useless managers in that time, ranging from Carlton Palmer to Didi Hamman. They have been in administration, having to sell off prize players like Anthony Pilkington for peanuts. Worst of all they were bought by business man Brian Kennedy (owner of Sale Sharks RFU) who gave up on them after a couple of years, selling them to the supporters trust for a £1, but keeping ownership of the ground Edgeley Park. The club have since had a succession of owners who seem to have little idea/success on running the club. As Kennedy owns the ground, there is a catastrophic loss of a vital revenue stream. An all time low was achieved in the season before last when they were relegated out of the football league-the first time in 106 years!

Today is a new unthinkable all time low. The idiots on the pitch were evidently County fans, although rumour has it a number are on a banning order. There is no defense for going on the pitch. It is just another final sad incident in a catalogue of crap the club has suffered in the last decade. It is worth saying though that those who invaded the pitch were a minority-County took well over a thousand to Kiddy today.

The future of the club is bleak. It is quite possible they will have to go part-time, leave Edgeley Park and play at Altrincham or Woodley Sports (about the size of Bromley FC). That, for many, will be the end. I imagine some Charlton felt similar feelings when having to go Selhurst and Upton. Unlike Charlton, sadly the town don't seem to have much fight for keeping them going. The council have historically never been that supportive and, as said above, most of the 250000 population seem content to support or armchair support the monied Mancunian teams.

It still amazes me where County are now. There are currently so many ex County playing successfully in the premier and football league- Pilkington, Le Fondre, Ruddy, Lambert, Henessey, Ashley Williams, Tommy Rowe to name a few.

So it hurts. For a minority of idiots who had been on the ale all day today (5:15 KO) they crossed a line that should never be crossed, but unlike Millwall I don't think many County fans will do anything other than hold their hands up and say "yes, it was some of our own, yes it is indefensible, yes it is embarrassing and, like most of the last decade, totally crap".

Ouch. I feel for you mate.
  • Options
    Reading today that the Stockport board were advised by the police not to travel to the game so looks like they were anticipating some trouble.

There are some absolute oxygen thieves associating themselves with the game still unfortunately. Not very bright either are they as I'm looking in my paper at that twat in the white shirt.

Feel sorry for their proper fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the info Edgely and feel for you.

Remember sitting with some Stockport directors/officials when we last played them at the Valley in the cup. Seemed decent people.

Hope they turn it around like a few other ex-league clubs have.
  • Options
    Some pictures here. There is a particularly amusing one of some knobber in a Stone Roses sun hat. What is he doing!?!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10008018/Kidderminster-Harriers-match-suspended-after-Stockport-County-fan-invades-pitch-and-attacks-players.html
  • Options
    Some shocking attire in those pictures
  • Options
    Feel for you Edgeley, as i said earlier i remember when Stockport were in the same league as us.

Hopefully they can regroup and come back stronger.
  • Options

Enjoyed reading that Edgeley

• Options
    I take it they will have the same photo ID lead out for the in house fighting at Millwalls semi final?
    And the same response from some on here?

That Millwall Wigan thread went for some distance.

This seems a lot worse.
  • Options

Feel for you Edgeley, as i said earlier i remember when Stockport were in the same league as us.

Hopefully they can regroup and come back stronger.

Amazing to think we played them in the league as recently as 2009-10!!

• Options

Ahhh Kingy. I have some happy memories of that place, although I left in 2000. The Farmer's Boy was turned into a Vets before I was old enough to even try getting served but I remember it being there. Sadly most of the Carpet factories are gone now and the town is still suffering the effects of having its main employers shipped abroad, like many old industrial towns.

I'm in Canada now, and while I obviously miss some people and a few old haunts I can't see myself moving back anytime soon.

Appreciate Kiddy has gone down the pan in some respects especially re the carpet industry, Weavers Wharf looks pretty but the Swan Centre and the old big shops area of the town looks really down at heel, can appreciate the appeal of Canada!

Ken Partridge/chemistry and Liz Gray/physics were a great help to me during my time at KC1, still go to their annual dinner too

• Options
    Remember they did the double over us 97-98 season , we lost 3-0 at edgeley park players got verbals at full time, Rufus took some stick.An eventfull journey by car with solidgone,only just made it to the ground in time.