Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Baby Bent -do we risk him or not?

We need to win on Sunday.
We need him for the rest of the season.
What would you do?

(And sorry whoever it was doesn't like me calling him Baby...I can't help it.)

Comments

• Options
    No, and Ambrose and such like need to keep scoring, cause Darren won't keep us up singlehandly.

Wigan is massive, City even more
  • Options
    Sounds like both Bents & Jimmy could be missing on Sunday. Come on Super Kev!!
  • Options
    No. Although we need a result today if he aggrevates it and it rules him out for a few weeks etc the we are fu*ked
  • Options
    Let him rest- the Wigan and Citeh games are bigger
  • Options
    I wouldn't risk it, the downside is worse than the rewards from the risk.
  • Options
    No we don't risk him.
    Plus it's two weeks until the next game, so he should be raring to go by then.

Maybe a place on the bench in the unlikely event we are not winning with ten minutes to go.
  • Options
    Definitely don't risk him - and if he does make the England squad (has it been announced) then tell them to f off too!
  • Options
    McLaren said yesterday that Bent was in the squad and that they hoped he'd come trough the weekend okay but if not Nugent would replace him in squad. Is this all a smokescreen by Pards. BigBent is fit though according to OS.
  • Options
    Well in my eyes it really is all down to if he is 100% fit or not. If that is the case he plays anything below that then he does not. You hope Charlton would have learned over the years that playing unfit players rarely pays off.
  • Options
    Highly unlikely Darren B will start according to the daily e-mail from CAFC. IMHO JFH must not start - this is yet another chance for SuperKev to show us what he's made of...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This 'Superkev' thing really winds me up, the Geezer is crap unless he has a run of about 50 consecutive games so he can grab his customary 1 goal a season.

BTW Hasselyank is injured out for at least two weeks.
  • Options
    From what i can make out it could be Marcus up front with maybe ZZ in behind in. Don't see what else we can do up front really. Lisbie is not an option!
  • Options
    Dennis? (Duck!)
  • Options
    I honestly thought the nickname SuperKev was people being sarcastic (i was anyway...)!!!! Can't honestly believe that people think he is super - three goals against Liverpool doesn't qualify him for that deity. CrapKev doesn't have the same ring about it - perhaps we could pass him off as a Russian and get Roman Abramobitch to buy him...

JFH injured. Shame. Didn't know he moved fast enough to injure himself...still, the catering revenue should double on Saturday - if you want a pie, get there early...

ZZ should make an impact, but not confident about placing the goalscoring burden on Marcus - hope the midfield can chip in...
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that Bent will play, there are no "secondary" games at this stage, they are all crucial so he will be jabbed up and sent out there to play unless he is totally crocked, especially as there is 30 million quid at stake. With Marcus Bent not fit, JFH too fat and old and Lisbie not good enough there is no way that Bent won't be on the pitch on Sunday, even if he is only 80% fit.

I expect all of the injured players to be fit apart from Marcus Bent and Andy Reid, Pardew will have been breaking their balls over the last two weeks to get them fit.
  • Options
    honestly thought the nickname SuperKev was people being sarcastic

It was...his other nickname is "Missbie".