Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forum Decorum Ethics whatever

124»

Comments

• Options

No chance

The reason he doesn't smile is cos he looks like this when he does..

1.jpg 32.7K
  • Options
    Is that not @Gumbo ?
  • Options
    thats harsh!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Is that not @Gumbo ?

LOL!
  • Options
    sralan said:

What about a swear box?

F**k O*F ;-)

• Options
    It's working already!! ;-)
  • Options
    sralan said:

It's working already!! ;-)

Hahaha, sorry couldn't resist.

• Options
    uncle said:

sralan said:

What about a swear box?

F**k O*F ;-)

With your use of * I do not know what you are saying and am threfore not offended.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why do we need a star in o*f? Maybe O*f It will know.
  • Options
    Gumbo

Pmsfl now that is funny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013

I'm always very nervous about posting, even when I've complimented people they've sometimes got nasty. I have zero anger and absolute respect for people that let me be me, and my main aim on here is to try and spread a little joy and maybe preach some understanding. It hurts sometimes when people cannot see what I'm trying to say or do, but that's the price I pay for being part of this community. CL is a big part of my life! So delicate or not, I'm staying, and no complaints.

Why didn't you type your reply? It would have been much quicker than looking for a specific picture on the net.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

RedChaser said:

I'm a female poster and do find the liberal use of the 'c' word by some posters offensive. I can't see the point in actually typing such words. Surely a point can be put forward without actually using potentially offensive language? Whilst I try not to swear myself, I accept that some people feel the need to do so, but to actually take time to type some words seems unnecessary.

Agree that people should try harder to use the asterisk key. Out of interest are you secretary of Len's fan club?
    I don't think I've ever met Len but our views seem quite similar!
    Of course you have never met Len! No one has. He doesn't really exist. He was invented by those who run the forum to come on and put the so called view of the older fan to remind people how being mid table Prem was nothing to moan about as things had been a lot worse in the past.
    The character was an instant success, he was then given the role to protect our hapless Bulgarian Radostin Kishishev , and then Curbs when he started getting negative comments. When both of these had left the club his creators had to re-invent Len and so widened his range to then fight the battle for the silent majority on everything from Swearing, Sitting/Standing, Singing at games right through to the relationship of the UK within the EU.
    The powers that be have done such a good job that many people believe that they see Len at games. We all know what we think he looks like, sitting there with his daughters and his flask. But of course there are Lens all round the ground.
    The only downside with the monster they have created is that people are always calling for his comments and opinions in the typical "Len Glover" type discussions. So they've created a rod for their own back by having to go through every thread to find the comments like "...cue Len Glover.." or "Can't wait for Len Glovers comments" etc. They call this Moderation.
    Then every now and then they start a thread like this one, just to keep us all believing in that most divisive of posters - Len Glover!
    It's all becoming clear now! When some geezer came up to me in the lib asking for a copy of Trust News and saying he was Len that was really an I Claudius moment and everyone else should've stood up and said "no I'm Len" etc. ?

PS I didn't see a flask anywhere so I should've copped on I s'pose

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I think any reasonable person will understand AFKA's stance over THE RECENT EVENT even if they disagree with it.

It has evolved into an unfortunate fact that many threads (not just political ones hence I'm not all together sure why they have been singled out) are ruined or diminished because of the abusive nature of a minority of ill mannered cyber warriors towards other posters who disagree with their viewpoint.

Defining "the line" is difficult because one of the undoubted attractions of this forum, in my view, is the spontaneous wit and interchanges of banter that take place and I for one certainly wouldn't want to lose that but the "don't go if you don't like it" "piss off then" or worse nature of some rejoinders has become tiresome to the point that I wonder whether it is worth bothering posting here at all or at the very least just stick to Kent cricket or something like that!

In the next breath I think why the hell should a minority, and it IS a minority, of cyber warriors spoil it for the rest of us and I decide to carry on regardless.

I accept that you need broad shoulders to post anywhere and that any discussion inevitably involves agreement and disagreement but it is how that is expressed which is so important.

Am I just an old git in the wilderness bemoaning declining standards whilst brandishing the Daily Mail I don't read or do others also feel like me?

Initially I was surprised at the line taken since many on this forum have the maturity to make their points without stepping over "the line". And one might want a balanced view/retospective. But having watched Griff Rhys Jones on Newsnight and seen the cover of Private Eye I would simply say "get over it"

People diminish themselves with their acerbic comments and insults! We should all remember that whatever is posted is fairly permanent after just 24 hours chance to edit. One thing to have a rant or vehemently disagree about facts or opinions about footy, religion, politics ... but quite another to insult others or treat rumour as fact...

Collectively we should raise the bar - because we are better - simples. I know that if we all sit around with our flasks and blankets then it becomes a tad boring but blood sports on the web should have some guidelines just as Hunger Games and Roller Ball did. So why not start with allowing the dead to rest in peace. A simple notion explained to me in one line from someone brought up a long way from SE London. In any case people seeking to make political capital out of funerals have pretty much run out of road so time to move on I reckon

• Options
    Very good Chirpy Riviera!

I'm giving serious consideration to actually bringing a flask with me tomorrow after reading all this!

:-)
  • Options
    Macronate said:

A Sun journalist has just swabbed the CL toilets and found copious amounts of crack on the cisterns so SE10 is right.

We MUST ban those damn builders...
  • Options
    i'd be happy to swop the nudity ban for something else - gays, abusive language, vegetarians... all pretty irrelevant but if somebody's got a picture of a bird with her kit off then I feel its infringing on my civil liberties for it to be withheld.
  • Options
    This is a very timely thread. Too often lately otherwise respectable posters have got sadly cross-wise of each other and the whole thing has then gone off at a tangent in a mighty shower of sparks. Even in such an earnest thread as this very one there are always the wise-guys ....

At other times inoffensive visiting fans have been met with volleys of gratuitous abuse. That's just plain embarrassing.

Our hosts provide us with this wonderful platform, and all that's asked in return is that we remember some manners as modestly respectful guests. We all relish the infinite wit, compassion, knowledge, generosity, expertise and filth to be found daily in these lines, and we proudly treasure that indefinable something we share of being Charlton fans. Not too hard to remember, is it ?

• Options
    F**k off !!!!!!

8)
  • Options
    Think I saw someone who fitted "Len Glover's" discription in the Covered Upper yesterday........

(Then realised it was a mirror).
  • Options
    You calling Len a miserable old git MOG? Them there's fighting words!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I met Len Glover Saturday. AFKA introduced us. All I will say is I was most surprised, he did not look at all like I had envisaged !
  • Options

I met Len Glover Saturday. AFKA introduced us. All I will say is I was most surprised, he did not look at all like I had envisaged !

Had all his own teeth?
  • Options

Had all his own teeth?
    Oh yes 100%.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Good to meet you Covered End.

Next time we can compare notes re my vintage flask and your arran rug collections!

• Options

Had all his own teeth?
    Oh yes 100%.
    More than me then!
  • Options
    And me