Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
surprised at the lack of discussion about this so far....

england start today at 1pm versus new zealand, i'm looking forward to listening to it.

Comments

• Options
    I've got the day off to watch it. Come on England!!
  • Options
    Caught the last ten mins of Zimbabwe v Ireland last night... cracking finish with the match ending up as a draw. Zimbabwe needed 1 run from the last ball....
  • Options
    have tried to watch the highlights this week but usually fell asleep after a few overs. last night i didn't even try to stay up! 12.20 no chance?

when is it all over? I miss sky sports :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]surprised at the lack of discussion about this so far....

england start today at 1pm versus new zealand, i'm looking forward to listening to it.

Listening to cricket on the radio must be painful. Get yourself to a pub!

Saw the end of the Ireland game last night. Zimbabwe needed 10 runs from 20 balls with 4 wickets remaining. And they got bowled out off the last ball with the scores level!
  • Options
    England will not make the Final.
  • Options
    naah, its ok, cos they give you a score board too, and its ok to have it in the background whilst working.

wish i could leave work at 1pm and go to the pub!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Listening to cricket on the radio must be painful. Get yourself to a pub!

Saw the end of the Ireland game last night. Zimbabwe needed 10 runs from 20 balls with 4 wickets remaining. And they got bowled out off the last ball with the scores level!

I actually quite like listening to it on the radio.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    wish i could leave work at 1pm and go to the pub!

Don't you get a lunch break? It starts at 1.30 by the way.
  • Options
    yeah, but would rather listen to the whole thing then go to a pub for an hour, i woudnt' want to come back. besides, might take a late one and run out at 3.15 for gold cup that might coincide with lunch in the cricket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]have tried to watch the highlights this week but usually fell asleep after a few overs. last night i didn't even try to stay up! 12.20 no chance?

12.20? That game finished about 10.30 mate....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]have tried to watch the highlights this week but usually fell asleep after a few overs. last night i didn't even try to stay up! 12.20 no chance?

12.20? That game finished about 10.30 mate....

is that later than the others then? other highlights been on about half 10 before.
  • Options
    The problem is you can't watch it on scumbag telly. If you're lucky there may be half an hour of highlights in the middle of the night.

Cricket is no longer a sport available to working people who are unable to afford £50 a month plus for Murdochvision.
  • Options
    that was my point len, you made it better than i did.

although, hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be back on murdochvision in time for man city ! for £37 a month....
  • Options
    THe BBC could afford the rights for cricket no problems.
    The prices are nothing like football.
    They choice not too - mainly because they see it as a white, middle-class, male sport.

Write to Mark Thompson and tell him what you think of that decision.

In addition for 50 years before Sky was around the BBC ignored overseas tournaments and competitions such as this one in West Indies because they don't want to show cricket prime-time so it's not all down to Sky's deep pockets - certainly not in the case of cricket.
  • Options
    Whatever the BBC offers Sky will offer more, they can warp the market on Cricket.

The Super League for example costs £55m to Sky for 3 years, the BBC couldn't compete
  • Options
    Start delayed until 2:00 following a rainstorm in St. Lucia. May be delayed even longer.
  • Options
    England 1-1 after 1 no ball and 1 good ball. Great start boys!!
  • Options
    going to be hard work batting on a wet wicket
  • Options
    Don't think wicket is wet. It would have been covered.
  • Options
    The outfield is wet, wicket is fine if slow. 9-1 after 4 overs. Bowlers are on top and Vaughan / Bell are going to have to build an innings carefully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England 26-1 after 7 overs. The runs are starting to flow a bit now.
  • Options
    Bell slashes at a good ball and England are 30-2.
  • Options
    Bell out
  • Options
    i,m watching it for free on't internet

not pretty viewing so far
  • Options
    how do you manage that mate?

is there a link?
  • Options
    get TVU Player
  • Options
    52-3 vaughan gone.... :-(
  • Options
    terrible shot
  • Options
    It's all down to Pieterson, Collingwood & Flintoff now. All the wickets so far have been down to very poor shots. Not looking good.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    70-3 after 20 overs. Very slow run rate considering all 20 overs have been power plays. The batsmen are really struggling. Piteresen could have been out on that last ball of the 20th over - almost caught hitting the ball for 4. We could be struggling to get 200 at this rate.