Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Ath | Championship | 16 April 2013 | Preview, Views, Predictions & Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    Cardiff City 1 Charlton Athletic 3........Yann among the goals again!
  • Options
    promotion party.

sheep, leaks and spit everywhere.

6-1.
  • Options
    akin to dice thought I'd pick a random season to get the result from, thought of 1957\8 then realised that's not random, so went for 1958\9.
    As it happens we were in Second Division with Cardiff, result there - away win 2-1, so there you have it
    Cardiff 1 - Charlton 2
    we're 2 up at half time, they get a late goal making for an anxious end to the game.
    Party pooped.
  • Options
    0-0. It's a funny old game...
  • Options
    1-1 and a 25k pitch invasion
  • Options
    yep, dice method. 1-4!
  • Options
    A nervous1-1 draw, as Cardiff desperately hang on at the end. Promotion party and we get out alive :-)
  • Options
    Helguson ruled out.
  • Options
    1-1 with both teams refusing to attack from the 70th minute onwards.
  • Options

I think bringing Yann off and leaving fuller on saturday tells us 4-5-1 with Yann up top on tuesday.

Good call.

Only a raving lunatic would try and predict this one though.

Addicks to be party poopers in simple 0-2 away win over nervy Chinese dragons (Harry and Jacko).

Calls for final push for playoffs, Saint Chris to be made Pope and Jackson for England.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013

1-1 with both teams refusing to attack from the 70th minute onwards.

Totally off the subject, but I saw this actually happen in an old 1st Division game between Coventry & Bristol City in 1977. It was the final game of the season and the last relegation spot was to be decided between Coventry, Bristol City and Sunderland. Owing to thousands of people travelling to Coventry from Bristol for this very important game the KO got delayed by about 15 minutes. Sunderland meanwhile kicked off on time & subsequently lost their game. At Coventry the home side had taken a 2 goal lead and Bristol City had then pulled it back to 2-2 around the 70th minute. The Sunderland game then finished & the very clever Jimmy Hill quickly got that result put up on the scoreboard at Coventry. With Sunderland losing, a draw would see both Coventry & Bristol survive - so a crowd of almost 30,000 people got to watch 15 minutes of two teams playing keep ball. One team would knock the ball about amongst themselves for 5 minutes before passing it to the other team, who would then do exactly the same. Nobody challenged for the ball & nobody even thought about crossing the halfway line. It was totally farcical, made even more bizarre by the supporters of both teams enthusiastically & jointly celebrating survival while the keep ball was being played out on the pitch. I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like it at a football game, before or since.

Sunderland were relegated but complained vehemently to the Football League. This is why all games on the final day of the season now have to kick off at the same time.
  • Options
    1-2 to the Addicks, isn't it. Tidy.

Super-Kerk to continue his blazing run of goal-scoring. There's lovely.
  • Options
    We will win, and all our other games. and the playoffs, happy days
  • Options
    1-1 I think. With them being nervous knowing what will happen if they get the result, It'll start a bit slow, then we'll go 1-0 up (kermo or jackson). we have a couple more chances, they start getting frustrated.
    2nd half Cardiff will push on I think. They have a few shots, nothing comes of it. Fans and players getting really frustrated.
    Then in the last 5-10 mins they'll score. Cue madness and Pitch invasion at FT.
    Hopefully no Cardiff fans ruin it just like those morons at wembley the other day. They have some loony fans as well, don't they?
    We get a decent away result, and they have their prem party and start chanting about doing swansea next season.
    Everyones happy (sort of).
  • Options
    Tomorrow's game on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
  • Options
    Hope we can grab an early lead and really put the pressure on them. If this happens I can see us winning 3-0. If not then I haven'g got a bleedin' clue.
  • Options
    Cardiff 3-1 Charlton
  • Options
    Too many negative waves on here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0
  • Options
    I'll be happy with a point to keep the run going..........so its a 1-1 for me..............It will also be my last away match thread of the season as I'm away when we play 'Boro..........so I would hate to finish on a defeat............match thread from 19:00 (NB my last home game match thread will be against Wolves as I will be at the last game of the season)
  • Options
    Cardiff 3 - Charlton 1
  • Options
    Does anyone know the score in the game after the last time we scored 6?
  • Options
    Cardiff 3-6 Charlton using the dice method. Scoring 12 goals in two consecutive away games, nice.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Helguson ruled out.

Great news for us, always rated him at this level.
  • Options
    A big fat 0-0
  • Options

Macronate said:

Helguson ruled out.

Great news for us, always rated him at this level.
    Yes, I think he was on the score sheet at the Valley.

• Options
    I think we can piss all over their parade. 0-1 us.
  • Options
    I really do think we will win this... 3-2 haddock and chip lovers!