Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18s

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

Yet another goalkeeper I have never heard of, I have seen his name as Pall or Pual, on another site, any information, must be good for this important game.

They tend to give some of the u16s games towards the end of the season. A quick Google search shows Yao and Prall are both u15s this season (year below Ahearne-Grant):

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120905-harris-academy-354776.aspx?pageView=full#anchored
  • Options
    Hope you are able to make it Dick given that you have been our guiding light of Academy matters. :-)))
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Hope you are able to make it Dick given that you have been our guiding light of Academy matters. :-)))

I have been told by the quacks not to drive at the moment, so I will get my wife to give me a lift. I might even make the first team game on Saturday. I am more excited by watching the U18s as they play a good pass and move game. It will be a pity to see Paul Hart go but I hope Steve Avory stays as he has been brilliant for a number of years.

• Options
    Dick - where have heard/been told that Paul Hart is leaving?
  • Options

I can't give you the name of the person, for obvious reasons, but this person told me that Leeds made him an offer and then Man City made him an offer he can't refuse. There was also a rumour, not from the same person, that Jose Riga would take over the Academy and the current assistant coach Karel whatshisname is taking over as first team Coach.I notice that Man City's Academy Coach has left.

Scott Sellars has left Manchester City by mutual consent with the head of academy coaching having turned down an expanded role within the club's youth set-up.

Sellars, a former Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United winger, has left due to "organic" change at the club, with his departure a sign of the evolving structure of City's youth policy under Txiki Begiristain, the director of football.

The club are making a sizeable investment in developing their own players, spending more than £100m on a bespoke facility next to the Etihad Stadium. The 80-acre Etihad Campus will house the youth development and first-team training centre. There will be on-site accommodation for 40 young players and a 7,000-seater stadium for their matches.

With Micah Richards the only player to feature regularly at senior level for the club who has risen through the ranks set to leave this summer, City have a 10-year plan to emulate Barcelona, where Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez were all home-grown. The Catalan club's youth training centre and stadium is also close to the Camp Nou.

• Options
    Thanks Dick. Hard to compete with that. Will be a real shame to see him go, think he has done wonders for the Academy. Be interesting to see who RD puts in charge of something that he thinks is vital.
  • Options
    let's hope that he doesn't return and harvest our crop of top talent
  • Options
    Scoham said:

ross1 said:

Yet another goalkeeper I have never heard of, I have seen his name as Pall or Pual, on another site, any information, must be good for this important game.

They tend to give some of the u16s games towards the end of the season. A quick Google search shows Yao and Prall are both u15s this season (year below Ahearne-Grant):

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120905-harris-academy-354776.aspx?pageView=full#anchored
    Thanks Scoham, he must be good at 14/15, to play for the under 18 in such an important match. Have we got another good prospective goalkeeper?
  • Options
    If it is the two CAFC's it ought to be a really good game because they are two excellent youth set up's.
  • Options
    Yes I heard the same narrative as you Dick that Jose was here to take over from Paul.

Paul is far to professional and a class act to come back for Academy graduates and of course we have an edge (as Crewe have) in that we can offer young men a first team experience and identity and not interminable loans to places north, south, east and west!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to read something positive about the club, shame Paul Hart appears to be leaving though you can hardly blame him after reading DP's post above.
  • Options
    Decent write up on the QPR site...

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/190414-qpr-u18s-3-charlton-u18s-4-match-report-1498223.aspx

Fantastic achievement yet again from the U18s, Paul Hart, Steve Avory and all involved. Will be disappointed to see Paul leaving. Don't think things could have gone any better since he arrived and it's a huge loss if he does leave us.
  • Options
    He would be a huge loss but with Avory there and Riga seemingly taking charge, I think we would be ok. More worrying is the talk of the assistant taking over IMO. I really want a Championship manager taking over. I no he didn't do great this season but I have always quite liked Billy Davies.
  • Options
    Billy Davies doesn't like working on the sort of limited resources he'd have at Charlton.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I can't give you the name of the person, for obvious reasons, but this person told me that Leeds made him an offer and then Man City made him an offer he can't refuse. There was also a rumour, not from the same person, that Jose Riga would take over the Academy and the current assistant coach Karel whatshisname is taking over as first team Coach.I notice that Man City's Academy Coach has left.

Scott Sellars has left Manchester City by mutual consent with the head of academy coaching having turned down an expanded role within the club's youth set-up.

Sellars, a former Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United winger, has left due to "organic" change at the club, with his departure a sign of the evolving structure of City's youth policy under Txiki Begiristain, the director of football.

The club are making a sizeable investment in developing their own players, spending more than £100m on a bespoke facility next to the Etihad Stadium. The 80-acre Etihad Campus will house the youth development and first-team training centre. There will be on-site accommodation for 40 young players and a 7,000-seater stadium for their matches.

With Micah Richards the only player to feature regularly at senior level for the club who has risen through the ranks set to leave this summer, City have a 10-year plan to emulate Barcelona, where Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez were all home-grown. The Catalan club's youth training centre and stadium is also close to the Camp Nou.

I got whiff of this rumour back in March, so whoever the new coach is, they would have been aware for some time.

Logically I can see Karel taking over. Whether or not this will be right choice, I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Options
    It is all the same as I have heard to however one thing I wasn't aware of is that Karel doesn't actually have any coaching badges yet
  • Options
    Billy Davies doesn't like working with people,

wrong man for the job
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrbligh said:

wrong man for the job

Actually, according to the Daily Record, Billy does like working with other people!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nottingham-forest-boss-billy-davies-1079066

Apologies to anyone eating their cornflakes... ;-)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

mrbligh said:

wrong man for the job

Actually, according to the Daily Record, Billy does like working with other people!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nottingham-forest-boss-billy-davies-1079066

Apologies to anyone eating their cornflakes... ;-)
    How did our U18s success turn into Billy Davies 3 in a bed romp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    0 - 0 in the semi- final v Crewe so far

Charlton U18s starting XI: Phillips; Barnes, Edwards, Gomez, Yao; Lapslie, Thomas, Cook; Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant, Kennedy.

Subs: Browne, Afolabi, Bokciu, Kelly, Dawkins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Losing 0 -1 Pen 42 mins
  • Options
    C'mon you addicks
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It is all the same as I have heard to however one thing I wasn't aware of is that Karel doesn't actually have any coaching badges yet

lol ffs
  • Options
    Penalty to Charlton. Handball on the line and Crewe down to 10 men.

GOAL 1-1! K A-Grant scores.
  • Options
    Yay, c'mon lads
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton in extra-time. Second goal for Ahearne- Grant. COYRs.

Gomez off for innocuous second yellow, so misses the final (assuming we get there). What a shame
  • Options
    2-2 with 5 mins to go
  • Options
    gone to pen shootout. 2-2 after 4
  • Options
    Lost 5-4. Still, at least we won the League
  • Options
    Lost 5-4 on pens. Gutted for the youngsters, but they've had another wonderful season. Heads up COYR!