Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food poisoning

Got this yesterday from the weather spoons in bexleyheath. Hence the fact why I'm up at 4 in the morning extremely annoyed. Has anyone else had any problems from this place? It seems to me that you order your food and it comes two seconds later. There can't be any thought put into it can there?

Comments

• Options
    I would re-phrase that, unless a doctor has confirmed the source of the poisoning bakchat.
  • Options
    Didn't eat anything that day mate. Was saving myself for the Easter dinner.
  • Options
    There's a sickness & diarrhoea bug doing the rounds.
  • Options
    Which Spoons mate? Wrong'un or Furze Wren?
  • Options
    More likely to be Norovirus or another bug tbh than anything you've eaten there. Not a lot of cooking going on a Wetherspoons mostly just zapping precooked stuff.

Due to the differing incubation periods it's also far more likely something you ate the day before. It's also more likely, if it is food poisoning, you've picked it at home. Not a reflection on you, it just happens sometimes.
  • Options
    You sure you didn't have a steak slice on saturday?............................
  • Options
    Virus going around hence why I missed a fecking win at home yesterday!
  • Options

you must be ill mate, it was 2 days ago................
  • Options
    Had food poisoning a few times though and feels the same. Uncontrollable sweating but extremely cold. Throwing up etc etc. food tasted abit dodgy when I was eating it I didn't finish it because of this
  • Options
    Are you sweating like a lesbian in a fish factory ? If so it's the norovirus :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha more of a Jew in a bank
  • Options
  • Options

you must be ill mate, it was 2 days ago................
    Lost track of time sitting on the fecking toilet

• Options
    Serves you right for eating at a spoons.
  • Options
    bakchat said:

Nice racist joke for Easter Monday ; - (
  • Options
    bakchat said:

Out of Order this comment. No need for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

bakchat said:

I don't think Jewish is a race because Sammy Davis Junior was a Jew and also someone I worked with who was born to a Christian family in Plumstead was also a Jew, so maybe it's choice. An example: If I wanted to become a Jew, I could with a bit of work, but if I wanted to become a Nigerian no matter how hard I worked I never could.

• Options

bakchat said:

I don't think Jewish is a race because Sammy Davis Junior was a Jew and also someone I worked with who was born to a Christian family in Plumstead was also a Jew, so maybe it's choice. An example: If I wanted to become a Jew, I could with a bit of work, but if I wanted to become an African no matter how hard I worked I never could.

You could move to Africa long enough to get citizenship? But I presume you're confusing a continent with a racial group.
  • Options
    vff said:

bakchat said:

It's ok when your Jewish!
  • Options
    Race is a pretty nebulous term anyway. It's not black and white, so to speak. There is a lot of blurring at the edges. Anyway, the Jews consider themselves to be a race and there are certain genes tha are common in Jews but elsewhere. Fact is, we all evolved from the same group of people in Africa and have bred between racial groups ever since, geography permitting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bakchat said:

vff said:

bakchat said:

Your what is Jewish?
  • Options
    bakchat said:

vff said:

bakchat said:

You have to be careful on here mate, some of the Guardian readers look for things to be offended by.

Don't stress it, most knew that it was a light hearted, non malicious comment.

• Options
    This thread is about having the trotts now its going down the bog itself
  • Options

bakchat said:

vff said:

bakchat said:

You have to be careful on here mate, some of the Guardian readers look for things to be offended by.

Speak for yourself but don't claim you know what "most" think.

Jewish or not, and he's not clarified if he is Jewish or just saying it would be OK if it was said by a Jew, it was crass and uncalled for.

And no I don't read the Guardian before you say it.
  • Options

bakchat said:

vff said:

bakchat said:

Speak for yourself but don't claim you know what "most" think.

Jewish or not, and he's not clarified if he is Jewish or just saying it would be OK if it was said by a Jew, it was crass and uncalled for.

And no I don't read the Guardian before you say it.
    I knew you'd bite Henry! ;0)

Nothing wrong with the Guardian anyway, the sports section isn't bad at all.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Race is a pretty nebulous term anyway. It's not black and white, so to speak. There is a lot of blurring at the edges. Anyway, the Jews consider themselves to be a race and there are certain genes tha are common in Jews but elsewhere. Fact is, we all evolved from the same group of people in Africa and have bred between racial groups ever since, geography permitting.

Sorry about that, I didnt do well at school lol...I always make the same mistake in thinking Africa is a country. Have changed it to Nigeria now but feel a bit stoopid as I really did think Jewish was a religon. But regarding McBobbin's post, hes right that we all come from the same place and knowing that fact alone should deter anyone from being racist, I'm just sad that it doesnt.

• Options

McBobbin said:

Sorry about that, I didnt do well at school lol...I always make the same mistake in thinking Africa is a country. Have changed it to Nigeria now but feel a bit stoopid as I really did think Jewish was a religon. But regarding McBobbin's post, hes right that we all come from the same place and knowing that fact alone should deter anyone from being racist, I'm just sad that it doesnt.

Not being stupid mate... my wife is Jewish and had to explain it all to me, and I still don't fully get it. Apparently, judaisim is a race, a culture and a religion. Them there there are safadi jews, ashkenazi jews which are the main ethnic groups... various sects... oh its confusing
  • Options
    Really not trying to upset on here. It was lighthearted and me being Jewish does that allow me to use this joke? Some would say yes ovb some no
  • Options
    We've had a virus in our house for over two weeks now and all four of us have suffered to differing degrees. Been an absolute nightmare, can't ever remember ever feeling so ill.
  • Options

We've had a virus in our house for over two weeks now and all four of us have suffered to differing degrees. Been an absolute nightmare, can't ever remember ever feeling so ill.

Brilliant...ever thought of going into politics? winky thing.