Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Richard Griffiths

Thanks for all the entertainment big fella. RIP.

Comments

• RIP Richard
  • only 65 .. RIP
  • Withnail & I is one of my favourite films. RIP.
  • RIP Uncle Monty.
  • Great character actor RIP.
  • edited March 2013
    "Oh, you little traitors. I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain 'je ne sais quoi' oh so very special about a firm, young carrot".

RIP Monty
  • RIP Monty. Might give it a watch this weekend by way of a tribute.
  • Enjoyed him in Pie in the sky and many other dramas RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Monty, you terrible ****!
  • edited March 2013
    His stage performance as Hector in 'The History Boys' was breathtaking as was his ability to convey a wealth of emotion and meaning just with his face and posture. He will also be remembered as the only actor who dared to stop mid sentence in the theatre and shout at someone in the audience when their mobiles went off. He would then be able to just pick up where he left off as though nothing had happened. A brilliant actor. RIP.
  • Big loss, larger than life - it's difficult to say anything that doesn't sound like a pun.
    Great actor.
    RIP
  • RIP. always enjoyed everything he was in. Big loss.
  • A fantastic actor and a great loss.

RIP.
  • Withnail & I - Brilliant film. RIP Richard Griffiths

• Just recalled two small, but hilarious roles of Richard Griffiths; Julian Bullard in the first "Episodes" - the original holder of the role that Matt LeBlanc gets in the American version, and the Bishop of Mulberry in "The Vicar of Dibley" - the Bishop with the tourettes-like shouting problem. Brilliant.