Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves injuries

Good news for their relegation rivals. Especially as Sako has been consistently their best player :-)

Wolverhampton Wanderers trio Carl Ikeme, Dave Edwards and Bakary Sako all face a battle to play again this season after the injuries picked up against Bristol City on 16 March.

Boss Dean Saunders confirmed Ikeme broke a bone in his hand after punching the tactics board in frustration at half-time, while Sako (hamstring) and Edwards (foot) both limped off before the interval.

All three are now under the guidance of Wolves' medical team, with head Phil Hayward admitting it will be a race against time to have them back before the end of the npower Championship season.

"Bakary suffered a Grade 2 hamstring tear during the first half against Bristol City, and will be sidelined for six to eight weeks," Hayward told the club website.

"Whilst we will be doing everything we can to try and get him back at the lower end of that range, recovery can often take eight weeks so it will be a battle for him to play again this season.

"Dave suffered a stress fracture of his fifth metatarsal, an injury which is not uncommon at this stage of the season, especially in players who cover as much ground in a week as Dave.

"He had noticed an ache during the first few minutes of the game, and then unfortunately picked up a kick to the same area, and with the concern that he had suffered a bone injury, this proved to be the case and he immediately came off.

"He is due to see a consultant early this week to decide if treatment will be conservative or surgical.

"Carl has undergone surgery on his broken hand which has included some metalwork going in there which will be removed in five weeks' time. As with the other two it is going to be difficult for him to feature again this season."

Comments

• Options
    Should have used a recruitment consultant
  • Options
    When I am being chased by Wolves I always carry some spare meat to throw and lure them away - that was I always avoid Wolves injuring me
  • Options
    He is due to see a consultant early this week to decide if treatment will be conservative or surgical.
    An interesting phrase, one which the guardian readers amongst us can no doubt answer!
  • Options
    Self inflicted hand injury make him wait in the NHS queue !
  • Options
    Ikeme really is a complete boner. Through the ball in his own net and then punched a metal pole breaking his paw and putting himself out for the season. Charltonized
  • Options

He is due to see a consultant early this week to decide if treatment will be conservative or surgical.
    An interesting phrase, one which the guardian readers amongst us can no doubt answer!

Deep cuts involved with both !
  • Options
    they're still beat us when the visit us next month !