Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arcade Fire

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Anyone go last night ...sounds good: http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/27058

I'm going tonight - were they on at 9 and were the support any cop?

Comments

• Options
    didn't go to this, but i'm sure they were superb!!!!!! enjoy tonight, have you got the new album yet? amazing.
  • Options
    and there is me thinking some toe rag had set the arcade alight!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]and there is me thinking some toe rag had set the arcade alight!

Thats what i was thinking too!!!
  • Options
    Hi Suzi - I haven't got it yet, but I'm sure that won't affect my enjoyment tonight!
  • Options
    definately not, i've not got it myself, but have heard most of the tracks. there are definately a few to rival their 'big songs' as show stoppers

still keep watching my youtube clip of them!
  • Options
    Support last night and tonight is by Patrick Wolf - heard of him, buit no idea if he's any good.
  • Options
    how was it?
  • Options
    I've heard of the band but not their music so Ive just be given a copy of the Funeral album this morning. Is this one a good album or do they get better? If so, I might splash out for the Bible.
  • Options
    I must confess there were a couple of songs you wished they could've skipped to get to the killer tracks, but that said they were excellent thanks Suzi
  • Options
    funeral was their first album, neon bible is their 2nd.
    funeral is amazing. but far too short for my liking. its over in about half an hour. but its a good half hour!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arcade Fire will be on the cover and interviewed in the Observer's music monthly magazine on Sunday..... "are Arcade Fire the best band in the world?" .

It also has a free 'Friends of The Earth' CD featuring Radiohead, Razorlight, Damien Rice, Guillemots, Roots Manuva, ..... http://www.changeyoursunday.co.uk/thebigasklive/
  • Options
    will have a bit of that. guillemots are superb!
  • Options
    Must admit I have really enjoyed listening to the Funeral album. Looks like I will be investing in a new Bible now.

The other CD given to me is Nine Inch Nails - Broken......Any comment as I dont have time to listened to it today?
  • Options
    a couple of the tracks on Neon Bible sound straight out of "Born to Run" ... who would've thought it?!
    Another great album all the way through, shortish again I think.