Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    Might want to change the title of this thread....for now
  • Options
    Murder in clear daylight if we don’t get rid of him! I don’t think I have ever seen such a tactically inept manager. 

I would even go as far as saying at least the players would fight for Holden. There is no clear bond between MA and the players. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If I was a betting man, I would say he won’t be in charge on Tuesday.. watch this space 
    Third time lucky in appointing a manager for this lot?
  • Options
    Oh, how I wanted this to have been a thread begun today.

He's about as talented as I am, which tells you everything you need to know about his abilities.
  • Options
    Lame manager and just lame fans supporting him 
    cnuts 
  • Options
    I think his gone before Tuesday if not lose and he will be gone. Fucking garden gnome.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If I was a betting man, I would say he won’t be in charge on Tuesday.. watch this space 

I will respect the board for that...no harm in admitting 2 mistakes have been made.  It's a gamble with managers whoever you get otherwise everyone would just spend a fortune getting a dead cert.  

We have a good enough foundation to get more out of this set of players that appleton is delivering regularly despite our keystone cop defence.  

Genuinely concerned about relegation now if there isn't a change and that will be a fucking disaster for us.
  • Options
    Got to go appears to have no bond or connection with the players and certainly hasn’t with the fan base and the results are appalling 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appleton has no bond or connection between anyone connected with the club, players, fans, staff. He doesn’t seem to care. It’s as though he thought that simply buying better players would be enough. It isn’t. Appleton’s never addressed the defensive issues.
    He is the worst manager I’ve known. Others have been bad but they were largely managing at a higher level.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What have you heard Dubai? 
  • Options
    I don’t know if they’ll do it today, but that is certainly the kind of performance that gets managers sacked. One that has utterly destroyed any hint of positivity that had been rebuilt by this week’s transfer business. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s gone by Monday. 
  • Options
    Its shocking when even I want the Manager gone...
  • Options
    I’m all for ‘supporting your team, and supporting your manager’ but will we stay up if we keep him till the Summer?

Question is who is out there and available, that is better?
    Unfortunately he signed a new contract a few days ago otherwise I was thinking Jon Brady done a great job at Northampton 
  • Options
    My son is a nutter bought tickets for Blackpool and Derby, he’s taking his Derby ticket back, he’s had enough of him.
    I got train tickets for Derby(haven't got round to buying match tickey yet) wondering if i can flog train tickets now as they are non refundable, either that or just spend a day in Derby and come home 🤣
  • Options
    We’re going to need a manager whose favoured formation is 3-5-2 and we’re going to need them ASAP
  • Options
    He's got to go surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m all for ‘supporting your team, and supporting your manager’ but will we stay up if we keep him till the Summer?

Question is who is out there and available, that is better?
    Guy Luzon
    Bob Peeters
    Fraeye 

anyone but crappleton. 

Serious list
    duff
    bowyer
    jackson
    pearce (big gamble)
    fat evans 
    the Northampton manager
  • Options
    Michael Duff would be a great appointment if we could convince him.

Especially as he's worked with Alfie May, and plays the style we're looking to go

Cmon Mike, you know it makes sense - I signed you enough times in Championship Manager, you won endless honours under my stewardship - Time to return the favour!!
    Agree...Michael Duff is the manager I'd want, ticks all the boxes with regards to formation. Would he come to us? I would hope that the players signed in this window could attract a better quality of manager than we did last time. 
  • Options
    My son is a nutter bought tickets for Blackpool and Derby, he’s taking his Derby ticket back, he’s had enough of him.
    I got train tickets for Derby(haven't got round to buying match tickey yet) wondering if i can flog train tickets now as they are non refundable, either that or just spend a day in Derby and come home 🤣
    @paulie8290 How many have you got and how much were they?
  • Options
    I’d even take Warnock until the end of the season
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I will respect the board for that...no harm in admitting 2 mistakes have been made.  It's a gamble with managers whoever you get otherwise everyone would just spend a fortune getting a dead cert.  

That is true. But at least gamble on someone that has a chance of winning. Gambling on Michael Appleton is like gambling on a 1-legged horse to win the Grand National. His managerial record is crap. We might as well get Karel Fraeye back. This guy is a serial loser. 

Agree mate. 

• Options
    Yeah, get someone in whilst still got time to get the players they want in the window. 
  • Options
    No wins in nine. In league one. Let it sink in. No clean sheet in what, 14? 1 win in what is it now, 11 or 12?

As said the other day despite all the mitigating circumstances that some want to trot out about injuries etc this is a poor league, all but one or two of the last 12 games have been against ‘lesser’ opposition, we should have picked up far more points than we have. Our defending has been atrocious but nothing changes, what do they do all week?

Even if we win Tuesday long term we are going nowhere under Appleton, well not anywhere upwards, I just don’t see the point in giving him more time. If we want to mount a serious promotion bid next season, and activity this window suggests we do, get a decent manager in NOW so we can have a good finish to this season and optimism going into the next.

Michael Duff please.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yeah, get someone in whilst still got time to get the players they want in the window. 
    Sorry mate, we have already spunked our money