Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

62 arrests yesterday.......

.........at Nuneaton v Lincoln. Quite a total for a non league game!

Police arrested 62 people on allegations of violent disorder before a non-league match between home side Nuneaton Town and Lincoln City on Saturday.

Authorities in riot gear were called in after trouble flared up in pubs in Nuneaton leading to the apprehension of dozens of suspects.

Three forces from nearby and the British Transport police were called in to help detain the alleged troublemakers but Nuneaton Town chief executive Ian Neale said the problems were nothing to do with the club or its supporters.

‘The Boro is a family club and people who are looking for trouble are not welcome at our ground,’ he said

‘Anyone found guilty of any offences today will be banned from the ground for life,’ he said.

Police started to detain people at the Granby pub in the afternoon for alleged violent disorder after initially being called in yesterday morning.

Chief Inspector Adrian Knight, in charge of the policing operation, added: ‘Police officers responded to reports of disorder at a number of public houses in the town, and were deployed in full protective equipment for their own safety.

‘PSUs (police support units) from three forces were all deployed and were successful in containing the disorder and protecting the safety and well-being of the general public.’

Nuneaton won the Blue Square Bet Premier League game against Lincoln City 1-0.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    There is a LOT of trouble at Conference level. Dedicated hoodlums can cause havoc knowing that there are usually few police around to stop them. Lincoln has an especially bad reputation. But, they NEVER try it on in Grimsby. Humberside OB are not country/local bobbies, they are hard urban law enforcers and Mariners fans are not too shy when it comes to a ruck either.
  • Hard urban law enforcers
  • se9addick said:

Hard urban law enforcers

lol .. I thought that was a very apt description
  • But, they NEVER try it on in Grimsby. Humberside OB are not country/local bobbies, they are hard urban law enforcers and Mariners fans are not too shy when it comes to a ruck either.

I've been to watch Lincoln away at Grimsby and have also watched Grimsby at Lincoln. I know which fans like to "try it on" most out of the two, and it's not Grimsby!
  • Off_it said:

But, they NEVER try it on in Grimsby. Humberside OB are not country/local bobbies, they are hard urban law enforcers and Mariners fans are not too shy when it comes to a ruck either.

I've been to watch Lincoln away at Grimsby and have also watched Grimsby at Lincoln. I know which fans like to "try it on" most out of the two, and it's not Grimsby!
    Exactly .. as I wrote, Lincoln fans can be bad news .. pity the team doesn't show the same amount of 'fight'
  • Off_it said:

But, they NEVER try it on in Grimsby. Humberside OB are not country/local bobbies, they are hard urban law enforcers and Mariners fans are not too shy when it comes to a ruck either.

Exactly .. as I wrote, Lincoln fans can be bad news .. pity the team doesn't show the same amount of 'fight'
    Not all Lincoln fans though. The one I know has taken his missus off to Venice for the weekend - the big whoopsie.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Not all Lincoln fans though. The one I know has taken his missus off to Venice for the weekend - the big whoopsie.
    You seem to know Lincoln Offy. A strange but rather nice place, many very cultured folk and yet some right pancake brains who wouldn't get a job picking carrots
  • Any place that has to name a steep hill "Steep Hill", just so the locals don't get confused is always going to be a bit "challenged" Lincs.

As I tell my mate, nice town - but not as nice as York.
  • Gotcha - and you know it bruv!