Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

jordan ibe

he is 17 and on the bench for liverpool today, has the potential to be a top player and for some reason charlton let him go to Wycombe a few years ago probably cost us a few mil

Comments

• Be realistic .. 'a few mil' which we don't and probably never will have, for a 17 year old ?? ... Chelsea we aint
  • Be realistic .. 'a few mil' which we don't and probably never will have, for a 17 year old ?? ... Chelsea we aint

Think you need to re-read it Lincs.

• DRAddick said:

Be realistic .. 'a few mil' which we don't and probably never will have, for a 17 year old ?? ... Chelsea we aint

Think you need to re-read it Lincs.

OK.. the inference is that he cost us a few million to 'produce' .. my apologies to kish ..
  • Read again for a third time lincs.
  • Read again for a third time lincs.

lol .. could it be .. we have potentially lost a few million in transfer fees by giving him away ? .. yes it MUST be that. Thick as a brick or what !! (:->)
  • It's ok. You made me read it 2 or 3 times just to make sure I wasn't being a smart butt!
  • It's ok. You made me read it 2 or 3 times just to make sure I wasn't being a smart butt!

read in haste .. repent @ leisure !
  • Can't keep everyone. One got away and sorted his shit out - fair play to him.
  • Got out before we Chaltonized him.............
  • Not the only one to get away though. Turner?
    And everyone is saying how good Shittu is.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol

he was 12 years old when we "released" him. At that age it's completely pot luck whether they make it or not.
  • ibe will be a top player and would of been considerably better than any of the others that age the coaches should of noticed him also since we are a bigger club than wycombe he would of stayed longer and would of been sold for a good fee
  • Turning into a real hot prospect. Think he is England potential.
  • edited February 2015
    ChiAddick said:

Turning into a real hot prospect. Think he is England potential.

this .. and right now Liverpool look the best team in the premier .. albeit that yesterday they had a lot of help from Mr Friend (aptly named) the referee
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2015
    have once
    have twice
    have three times
    have four
  • Has agreed a 5 year deal at Liverpool apparently. Fair play to the lad, from getting released by us to megabucks at Anfield...

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11603918/Liverpool-news-Jordon-Ibe-agrees-new-five-year-deal.html
  • edited May 2015
    I'd much rather have Callum Harriott.
  • i wonder if it was turning up late or another discipline issue with Jordon Ibe ?
    Or did he want to play Basketball or be a runner instead ?

Why would you released a lad at 12; yet at 15 is deemed good enough to make his debut for Wycombe ?

I like to think it wasn't just a bad coaching Decision.
  • i wonder if it was turning up late or another discipline issue with Jordon Ibe ?

Why would you released a lad at 12; yet at 15 is deemed good enough to make his debut for Wycombe ?

Maybe being released by Charlton was the kick up the arse that he needed to improve if he wanted to become a Footballer

Maybe being released by Charlton was the kick up the arse that he needed to improve if he wanted to become a Footballer
    I know lads get released all the time at different ages, and then have to work hard to get back, but they would rarely be playing 1st team football at 15, and a move to a top 5 club at 16 if they weren't good enough to be kept in CAFC academy at 12.
    When i coached and Managed in youth football, we came up against ex academy boys and at least a couple of the dads said they would be sent home if they arrived 5 minutes late ! As the mum and dads had jobs and the kids had other Siblings this sounded quite draconian. (Palace and Fulham)
    The elite few were given more chances.

• Sponsored links:

• Difference between 12 & 15 in development terms is massive both physically and emotionally, who knows what was going on in his life at 12 that then got resolved. I'm not keen on clubs having kids tied to them at such a youmng age anyway, but sadly thats the way of the football world.
  • Kap, the amazing thing is that kids us young as 6 are attached to clubs.
    and from about 8 are told not to play on a Sunday for a local club.(some will thou)
    They allow them to play for their school teams.
    As 95% of this age group won't make it they miss out playing with their mates
    from their own area.
  • Seems the clubs want to govern every aspect of the child's life.

Do kids still get together up the park to have a kick around anymore or are the clubs watching.

Surely it should be about enjoying it at that age?