Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO golfers again (possible round)

with this recent weather and discussions between us about golf, if i suggested a date (a day between 23rd-27th apr), if i suggested 1 of the following courses (whoever could accomodate), cray, ruxley, pedham, chelsfield, or darenth.
how many would be up for a round?
by starting this thread i'm no way nominating myself as the organiser of a charlton life society, but wouldn't mind doing this. if the day is a success maybe a few people might volounteer to arrange another.
i'm not on about having prizes/meal after, just to book a block of tee times so we can go out as a group and maybe a beer (or 2) after.
without wanting to upset any lifers, if i'm gonna put my name to these tee times i would appreciate that everyone intrested had a decent golfing etiquette rather than decent golfing ability (but an honest handicap).
to make as fair as possible anyone interested post on this thread with your preferred date and 2 of the mentioned courses then if we keep this bumped (or if possible make it a sticky please admin) until 24th march we'll make a decision on the preferred date and course and take it from there. bear in mind we may have to be flexible with our tee off time block, and time off work will obviously be needed.

i'll start.
preferred date 23rd (st georges day celebrations after?)
prefferred courses pedham & darenth valley.

without wanting to sound pedantic if everyone says 1 date and 2 courses it'll be easier to work out (i think). then if you can still make the chosen date and dont mind the chosen course alls well and good.

Comments

• Options
    I Can do any day between 23-27th. Rux/Cray/ and Chelsfield would be good.
  • Options
    Unfortunately thats when im off to spain on my golfing holiday (booked it around game i wouldn't mind missing BLACKBURN),but would be up for any future dates.
  • Options
    24th - Cray/Chelsfield
  • Options
    Would love to but cant do any of those dates due to work commitments :-( Count me in for the return leg
  • Options
    chelsfield/darenth. all dates are good.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    mmm......... only 4 so far. shouldn't be that difficult to organise.
    bump.
  • Options
    bump for the weekenders.
  • Options
    i would play but i am crap, and i bet you lot are like well good with your handicaps and wheelchairs (ok not wheel chairs) but if you like i will caddie and get lean and drink out of cans!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i would play but i am crap, and i bet you lot are like well good with your handicaps and wheelchairs (ok not wheel chairs) but if you like i will caddie and get lean and drink out of cans!

wtf are you doing on 'ere at 8 o'clock on a sat morn?
    didn't you know between the hours of 11pm and 9am this board is strictly for ex-pats and insomniacs?
  • Options
    mate i have had to work, not had any time to even hardly look on here! :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    23rd for me but i am crap can cheeseroll play it'll make me feel better
  • Options
    should be able to make it.
  • Options
    oohahh, peakey, ns-eb, solid.
    cant book until 7 days before so will book 2 tee times for the morning of 24th after 17th.
    would be nice to get another 3 to make 2 fourballs, so if anyone else intrested let us know.
  • Options
    Not that great but i'll make the numbers up if needed.
  • Options
    What sort of handicap are you all playing off and how often do you play?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Not that great but i'll make the numbers up if needed.

more than welcome browny. as i said in the original post i don't mind how good/bad a golfer you are, but as i'm putting my name forward when booking it, i would appreciate people having a reasonable golfing etiquette.

so that's 6 then.
  • Options
    Browny is a bandit and he knows it. It will be a good day.
  • Options
    My etiquette is fine fella
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]What sort of handicap are you all playing off and how often do you play?

i'm 14 now (but playing to about 18). don't know about others but oohaah said he's crap.
    i could bring cheeseroll if it would make you feel more comfortable, but i would only play the 1st because i would be falling about laughing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Browny is a bandit and he knows it. It will be a good day.

Pot calling kettle or what,ns_eb plays off a 28 but somehow goes round most courses just a few over.Hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i could bring cheeseroll if it would make you feel more comfortable, but i would only play the 1st because i would be falling about laughing.

he uses a putter all the way around!
  • Options
    Im off 22 but havnt played since jan, taking a break from the Golf Club. You a Member anywhere PBS?
  • Options
    lol Paul,make sure you don't play alongside me cos you could end up falling about laughing too
  • Options
    at the end of the day if we get say 8 of us going out fairly regularly, bandits will be found out. it aint as if we are playing for the inaugural charlton life open. or are we ;-)
  • Options
    22 my arse :-)
  • Options
    I think I got a spare trophy in the boot of my car, I'll have a butchers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]22 my arse :-)

Mate it's an official Kent Golfers Union Handicap. If you wanna be pedantic 21.6
  • Options
    Would be cool to try and get out once a month or something
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite] You a Member anywhere PBS?

no. get out locally (ruxley/cray/pedham) probably 2/3 times a month during the decent weather, and also belong to the charlton bootroom society which goes out 5 times a year. went on wednesday to paxhill park (haywards heath) with society.
  • Options
    Cool mate. Such a tough game to play. I havnt realy got the patience but itd one of those things you just get the bug.