Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF we are relegated this year....

What would our line up look like for the first game of next season. I go with the following:

GK Randolph

RB Sankofa
CH Magic
CH Diawarra (would he stay?)
LB Thatcher (maybe Ashton)

RM Chris Bunt (Sheff Weds)
CM Ambrose
CM Holland
LM Matthew Jarvis (Gills)

S Chris Dickson
S Super Kev / Marcus Bent (who would want to buy either of them)

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Options
    I reckon this is one of those stupid, hypothetical, what-if posts.

ADMIIIN ... delete it!
  • Options
    Right now i don't have any alternatives but that midfield would be way too lightweight. Maybe Faye would be ok at that level?
  • Options
    Kish would do well but he will probably choose to go to Leeds where he is appreciated.
  • Options
    Well, hypothetically, if that's the team I think we can look forwad to a long stay in the CC and no free S/Ts!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Well, hypothetically, if that's the team I think we can look forwad to a long stay in the CC and no free S/Ts!

Yes, it does look quite scary doesn't it. Hopefully, however, the sale of players like Darren Bent, Young, Thomas, Reid & Faye would produce some cash that could be invested in a few more experienced players!!
  • Options
    With his injury problems I can't see any decent team coming in for Reid.

Then there's the possibility that Zheng Zhi will sign a full time contract, both I think will be at the Valley next year if we get relegated. By then we'll have a ton of money from having sold Darren Bent, plus the parachute payments.
  • Options
    Any chance we could keep Carson and/or Song? Perhaps the latter...
  • Options
    Christ, who bloody knows what will happen with the squad if we go down? Some players might stay because no-one else wants them and we might lose a few others because other people do. Sorry, Pete, but its very hard to predict that far ahead at the moment.

Besides, we are staying up anyway!!!!
  • Options
    If we did go down, there will be so many changes, you won't be able to recognise us.

So no point speculating now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Any chance we could keep Carson and/or Song? Perhaps the latter...

I doubt there would be any chance, they're both top class players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not going to think about it. Deal with it if it happens.
  • Options
    If we do go down it's going to be extremely hard getting back up. For example West brom have a side containing Davies, Koumas, Gera, Ellington, Kamara and Phillips and they're only just in the play off places. It's a tough tough league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Kish would do well but he will probably choose to go to Leeds where he is appreciated.

let's hope so !
  • Options
    WE ARE STAYING UP
  • Options
    the end is nigh
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    WE ARE STAYING UP
  • Options
    i hope so ....but i fear not
  • Options
    I just think we are gonna run out of games just as we get in touch..!
  • Options
    we're definitely not a bottom 3 side now, but i agree with ketters time isn't on our side, why didn't west ham sack pardew sooner, then we wouldn't have wasted those games with les
  • Options
    Its a hard one to call
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shall repeat .... WE ARE STAYING UP
  • Options
    if we stay up i'll buy every charlton lifer a beer at the charlton life match......... it aint happening......
  • Options
    We Are Staying Up
  • Options
    We Are Staying Up
  • Options
    We Are Staying Up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if we stay up i'll buy every charlton lifer a beer at the charlton life match......... it aint happening......

ledge, will have to keep this one bumped!! lol

nice one ooooh aaaaah!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if we stay up i'll buy every charlton lifer a beer at the charlton life match......... it aint happening......[/quote]

Can we make this a sticky??
  • Options
    just bookmark it
  • Options
    unfortunately the drinks wont be on me .....we're on our way to the chumpionship