Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange banging noise in Dartford and surrounding areas last few nights.

edited March 2013 in Not Sports Related
I hadn't noticed it until last night when the Mrs pointed it out . Like someone banging something against a big metal skip. Turns out it's work on the Tilbury wind turbines and will be going on until the end of the month. Takes the piss that it's at night. I can imagine kids being scared by it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f02bclQXLiA&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I didn't notice it till last night got right on my nerves
  • Options
    The dartford living twitter feed was full of people going into one about it. Saying it was scaring their kids and animals.
  • Options
    Wonder if tilbury dockers boxing club is still about ?
  • Options
    Don't think it was them Dan.
  • Options
    They wore green and were sponsored by Tate and Lyle if that helps
  • Options
    horrible noise, thought Millwall were coming.
  • Options
    Yeah. Kept us up last night.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Started at the weekend during the day, then evenings from six till about nine. I was working at home yesterday and there was nothing during the daytime. Apparently its due to the area being closed then so they can work on it. Not to worry that it's disturbing half of Kent!
  • Options
    If it's from Tilbury then it'll be disturbing a lot more than Dartford. Heard it last night but thought it was just some idiot playing DIY at a late hour.
  • Options
    the dartford millwall orks banging the war drum..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More likely to be the Hammers than Spanners. Must be very difficult to live with, that noise. There are regulations about contractors and noise, anyone tried the local council's environmental people at all?
  • Options
    I remember when they were doing the piles for the Thames Barrier in the 70s, we had a constant thumping all day and all night, went on for quite a while and I could hear it in my freezing cold bedroom off Plumstead Common
  • Options
    March51 said:

More likely to be the Hammers than Spanners. Must be very difficult to live with, that noise. There are regulations about contractors and noise, anyone tried the local council's environmental people at all?

The natives were up in arms last night, so complaints have been received by Dartford Council, Stone Parish Council and Kent Police. SPC have complained to Thurrock Borough Council about it apparently!
  • Options
    Just got home and it sounds like it's going to be another noisy evening!
  • Options
    It's Barry Hearn trying to get in the Olympic Stadium.
  • Options
    I heard it at Ebbsfleet as I got off the train - proper eerie noise
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So the council know , but choose to do nothing? Is not noise pollution an enviro crime?
    Mind you Bexley council do not have an an enviroment unit for noisy burglar alarms and parties, at night etc.
    but write a very 'strict' letter a few days later? . Unless of course it is next to a councillor and surprise surprise they get an officer round there within the hour I bet?.
    Why exactly is this being done in the evenings?
  • Options
    I heard on another thread it's fanny banging
  • Options

I heard on another thread it's fanny banging

I thought that had been banned, NLA ...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stone Parish Council have been on the case:

Further update on loud banging noise - Investigation into the matter has been undertaken yesterday by Environmental Protection Officers and it is believed that the source of the noise arose from pile driving operations being undertaken at the Purfleet Deep Water Wharf rather than work at the Tilbury Wind Farm Project.

We have been advised that, due to technical difficulties which arose with the sinking of a large pile and the location of the pile and illumination barge, situated in the navigation line for river traffic, it was determined to be necessary, having regard to the safety of both site workers and major shipping using the Thames for works to overrun to ensure completion.

Sean Reilly, Civil and Structural Engineering Manager for C.RO Ports has confirmed that future piling operations should not take place after 18:30, with no works being undertaken on Sundays. We have been advised that remaining piles are to be constructed initially using vibro-piling methods with final completion utilising driven methodology. All piling operations should be completed by the 17th March.
  • Options
    yep nothing to do with SSE, or Dartford or Purleet, so they can go back to sleep then......
    'down to PLO as it is in there remit'.... according to Thurrock council, not that he lived locally, so he could sleep!
    Talk about buck passing, interestingly noise pollution is cited as pollution on the Thurrock website under the Enviromental pollution act 1990. We can all sleep at night thank's to that attitude, except of course the ones that live near to the site, and 30 miles around it?
  • Options
    The PLO claim it is down to Thurrock..... they just 'advise'
  • Options
    Not in Kent fanny

Fanny banging is all the rage in the suburbs
  • Options
    All those coins banging in the toll booths