Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand theft auto 5

2»

Comments

• 3 days before my birthday. Brilliant. who else used to play the very original ones in 2d on the pc?

Had GTA2 on PlayStation. Couldn't believe how much better GTA3 was.

When I first saw GTA 1, my reaction was that it was a bit different and edgy, with a decent idea and some humour, but that's about it. Then the London edition and GTA 2 just seemed like more of the same.

But when GTA 3 came out I was absolutely blown away. To have combined a decent driving game with the plot structure of GTA 1 and 2 was a work of genius. It was so playable and consistently enjoyable compared to anything I'd seen before. Add in to this the improved quality of script, excellent comedy and inspired radio stations, particularly the awesome chat stations and Lazlo Bane, and you've got possibly the most important game in recent years.
    All game franchises have a dodgy episode, it's bound to happen because they're trying stuff out, and for many, that was GTA 4. For me, SA was the best, then VC, followed by 4. However, although GTA 3 looks dated now and the game wasn't as slick as its offspring, it's where it all started really (let's be honest, GTA 1 and 2 weren't in the same league), and for this reason, it's my favourite game. Ever.
  • 3 days before my birthday. Brilliant. who else used to play the very original ones in 2d on the pc?

I do. I also said it wouldn't work in 3D...

Vice City was my favourite overall, if only for the soundtrack.

• So much for the spring release....
  • All the soundtracks are decent apart from IV
  • Are the next generation consoles coming out about this time?
  • I actually thought 1 & 2 were shit!
  • Jayajosh said:

Are the next generation consoles coming out about this time?

Yes late this year in America and Japan, november time. Uk dates are unsure. Those consoles are due to retire the game disc....all be about downloading. Give it 5/10 years DVDs, CDs and game discs will be ancient!
  • Must admit to being a bit pissed of at the release being pushed back another 5 months, as I was looking forward to getting this soon (pre-ordered back in Dec), But if it's for reasons of making sure there's no bugs in the game then I can wait I suppose...............
  • There's a new South Park game coming out, looks the business.
  • RedPanda said:

3 days before my birthday. Brilliant. who else used to play the very original ones in 2d on the pc?

I do. I also said it wouldn't work in 3D...

Vice City was my favourite overall, if only for the soundtrack.

I just about prefer GTA3 for the same reasons as lordromford above, and also because I found the lack of top quality cars in Vice City annoying. That sais, loved Vice City - the soundtrack, bikes for the first time etc. For some reason I never quite had the same affection for San Andreas or GTA4.
  • Sponsored links:

• The game is out the 17th of this month.

Only 35 quid to pre order on Amazon absolute bargin.

Gana be brilliant and in good time for the winter.

• Looking forward to it, although apparently Rockstar have told retailers not to dispatch the game before the 16th, which means it could arrive after the release. Thinking of cancelling my pre order.
  • Looking forward to it, although apparently Rockstar have told retailers not to dispatch the game before the 16th, which means it could arrive after the release. Thinking of cancelling my pre order.

Only 35 quid on Amazon, you ask for 1st class via prime it arrives on release day.