Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CLEAN SHEETS

2»

Comments

• edited October 2020
    If you’re only counting league games, then add 3 to the list, as our first three premiership games were shut outs.
    During a "run" I might dismiss a cup match where we change half the side or play youngsters, but you can't really dismiss the play off final. 

So for me you either don't count the play offs at all, and so end at the Birmingham match & pick up again with the first game in the Premiership or the runs ends at Wembley. 

The latter is just picking & choosing what games you want to include & seeing as Wembley was a first team fixture I'd be inclined to add in the 2 Ipswich matches, the play off final & end it there.
  • If you’re only counting league games, then add 3 to the list, as our first three premiership games were shut outs.
    During a "run" I might dismiss a cup match where we change half the side or play youngsters, but you can't really dismiss the play off final. 

So for me you either don't count the play offs at all, and so end at the Birmingham match & pick up again with the first game in the Premiership or the runs ends at Wembley. 

The latter is just picking & choosing what games you want to include & seeing as Wembley was a first team fixture I'd be inclined to add in the 2 Ipswich matches, the play off final & end it there.
    League games. So the playoff games aren’t included.
  • If we are talking consecutive clean sheets, I would include all competitive matches, play offs, cups, everything.
    Surely matches are either consecutive or not.

Let's not go all Huddersfield Town.
  • If you’re only counting league games, then add 3 to the list, as our first three premiership games were shut outs.
    I don't think we can really though because the play off games (including the 4-4) were part of the League season. They weren't friendlies or cup games and we can't erase them because, if we do, we would have to say that we didn't get promoted!

So, here's to another 4 clean sheets to equal that record and 5 to beat it!

As someone has just mentioned, if you don't count the play off games then how can you count the Prem ones as without the first you don't get the second. 

I'm sort of on the mindset of another poster who has said that a "run" includes all games, league & cup. But if a current run includes our up & coming FA cup match, and for that game only we played Maynard Brewer & a whole new back 4, I don't think its "fair" to include it in the current run. 

As someone has just mentioned, if you don't count the play off games then how can you count the Prem ones as without the first you don't get the second. 

I'm sort of on the mindset of another poster who has said that a "run" includes all games, league & cup. But if a current run includes our up & coming FA cup match, and for that game only we played Maynard Brewer & a whole new back 4, I don’t think its “fair” to include it in the current run.
    Unless they keep a clean sheet !!
  • edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:
    If we are talking consecutive clean sheets, I would include all competitive matches, play offs, cups, everything.
    Surely matches are either consecutive or not.

Let's not go all Huddersfield Town.
    But I don't think you can simply because we don't put out our first team for some of the comps we play in whereas we always do for the League. Only Watson from last night's team played in the EFL Cup game against Brighton and that is a competitive game as it isn't a friendly.

But Play Offs are part of the League season so have to be counted.
  • League games only: 10
    All games: 9
  • I have clean sheets every Friday without fail