Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All quiet on the investment front...

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013

Redhenry said:

Maybe we have got cash but they don't trust CP with it.

Source?

If we had money but they don't trust Powell with it (which is odd given how well he spent the money in league 1) then they could afford to sack him and get someone else in. But they haven't, either because they can't afford to sack him or just don't want to sack him.

I think it is more likely that we don't have any spare cash now that Kevin Cash isn't putting money in where as in League one Kev was still bankrolling the team building.

Although Slater said on record that he's "transfering £1m a month" into the Club which suggests that there is money available or that we're losing at least £12m pa.

None of it adds up which is the issue.

I won't speculate re Mr Powells employment on a message board but I would like to repeat an interpretation of Mr Slaters statement at the VIP meeting.

I am sure that as he stated, he is transferring £1M a month from unspecified sources to meet the payroll but I doubt that this is each and every month. This because there are some months when TV and Premier League solidarity money arrives (£4M a year) and some months when one of our two top recent sales might make some appearance target triggering a bonus and then there times like March and April when we lucky season ticket holders dip in to renew for next season (can't wait!).

Several on this board have speculated that losses this season will be between £7-10M - I believe that it is at the lower end... no way of knowing for sure until accounts are published next February for we do not know what new additions are on, what was paid for the loan players and how much higher the League 1 champions are being paid because of contract extensions or simple promotion clauses - how else would we have got ALL of those target signings to sign 18 months back?

So perhaps we had all better wake up to the fact that we are in for an interesting 2013 and that as well as sharing information and analysis we had also better start thinking about what we can do collectively. The board maybe lending £7M into the club each year but we are paying £5M between us!

We are half way back to the Premier League but I'm afraid that was the easy bit! I have no idea which players might be available and at what cost but there will be a ton of clubs chasing any player who can really add value to CAFC. If you had £10M would you put it all on RED over the summer ?
  • Options
    edited February 2013

we will be in a real battle unless we can acquire some real quality.

We need quality? But weve got Chris Solly!!
  • Options
    Not been mentioned in the aftermath of the Millwall defeat but there have been mutterings on various forums that "some Arabs" were present at The Valley on Saturday and were in fact shown the facilities at Sparrows Lane on Friday. One person says that it was the first time Slater and Jimenez have been seen at Sparrows for months ? Can anyone confirm or deny this ? A name that has also surfaced is Dubal. Dubai Aluminium. Any confirmation on this one ? They are big big players if true.
  • Options
    SHG, see the rumours, rumours thread.

Was on there last week
  • Options
    If I was interested and there on Saturday and I saw the state of the pitch, the lack of quality on it and the lack of home fans for a local derby I certainly wouldn't of been impressed.

Let's just hope the asking price isn't set too high

• Options
    Thanks Henry.
  • Options

If I was interested and there on Saturday and I saw the state of the pitch, the lack of quality on it and the lack of home fans for a local derby I certainly wouldn't of been impressed.

After Saturdays performance, they should be able to negotiate the price down by a few million.
  • Options
    Were they the blokes on camels blocking Charlton Lane ?
  • Options
    Can you actually sell a company in debt and making a loss or do you just sell the debts to people with a vision?

I know nothing about boardroom level but it just sounds unhealthy.
  • Options

After Saturdays performance, they should be able to negotiate the price down by a few million.
    And bung in some lawn fertilizer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not an issue.look at the kind of money the likes of Wigan are going to make in the next few seasons with the new and ever improving Premier league deal.
    That's what it's all about.

• Options
    Surely all the owners have to do to attract potential investors is show them the away days video from soccer am
  • Options
    Or point out the potential new ground by the 02
  • Options
    The American bloke who is trying to buy Coventry sounds interesting, property magnate apparently. It seems crazy that the plan was going so well by the end of last season, yet no real investment has been made since then, surely a sign that somebody has pulled the plug. That may have left TJ and MS between a rock and a hard place, and the rest of us in the brown smelly stuff. Come on Mr. Branson, you can call it the Virgin Valley. Just think, we could all be flying !
  • Options
    Branson said on talk sport yesterday that he won't be looking to buying a football club until he can devote time to it , seeing as he is only 12 months away from space travel can't see it being any time soon
  • Options
    i wouldn't mind going to see home games in space, we might actually win a couple.

not sure how the Valley Express would cope though.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

i wouldn't mind going to see home games in space, we might actually win a couple.

not sure how the Valley Express would cope though.

No atmosphere though...
  • Options
    On the plus side. In space nobody can hear you scream.
  • Options
    Perfect place for hoofball!
  • Options
    Rather than the Red Red Robin, We'd run out to the sounds of Elton John - 'When are you going to come down, when are you going to land'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rather than the Red Red Robin, We'd run out to the sounds of Elton John - 'When are you going to come down, when are you going to land'

You mean the ball ?
  • Options
    Football clubs need to move towards performance based pay.
    It's crazy the clubs (businesses) are willing to pay their staff more than their income allows.
    If the club makes more money, the players earn more.
    At some point this concept will have to become the norm.

Footballers are being paid to much.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Already has performance pay with an unusual variant - pay of most non-football staff is based on performance of football staff, but only in one direction. Team does badly, staff get more work and real terms pay cut, if they are not made redundant. Team does better, staff get nothing.
  • Options
    I wonder if we are taking the Financial Fair Play rules that come into force this year rather more seriously than some of the the other teams in the Championship.
  • Options

Football clubs need to move towards performance based pay.
    It's crazy the clubs (businesses) are willing to pay their staff more than their income allows.
    If the club makes more money, the players earn more.
    At some point this concept will have to become the norm.

Footballers are being paid to much.

This has been happening for a long, long time but the ones at the top with the influence have no need to change, in fact they like the fact that they and pick up a top player at will because the club off loading are glad of £2-5M to pay for another season of losses!

Who is going to listen to clubs losing money - sour grapes innit?!

As a club and fanbase do we want CAFC to climb back up the greasy ladder as it is or do we want to change the rules?

• Options

I had the hump after the game!
  • Options

Touch of casual racism there...