Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recognize this man?

Guest summarizer on Danish TV for today's cup final and Charlton Legend! :-) image

Comments

• Options
    Hasn't changed a bit. Good ol santa claus
  • Options
    The advantage of going bald early is that you then stay the same as you get older :-)
  • Options
    Black Sabbath at Highbury I mean the sublimest chip you could ever wish to see
    Days like that happen once in a lifetime if you're lucky !
  • Options
    One of my all time favourites, wish we had a player of his quality now.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

One of my all time favourites, wish we had a player of his quality now.

we have, what about Dale Stephens? :)

• Options
    Class Claus.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If I'm honest at the time I didn't appreciate how good this fella was for us, with the benefit of hindsight he was class , Class Jensen.
  • Options
    Agreed--a fantastic ball-player,great goals from him and a Charlton legend.With Scott Parker made one of our best-ever midfield pairings.
  • Options
    Great tackler!

Didn't he only get booked once for us, or something like that? And even that was for a tug of a shirt I seem to recall.
  • Options
    Remember him on the tube going to White Hart Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of the famous video . Love ya Claus
  • Options
    One of my favourite Cafc memories, was when Claus joined us in the dug out after the game at FC Tervarit in Finland to recreate the Graham Taylor "do I not like that" moment.

He was trying to do the "Carlton, CARLTON! Can we not just knock it" line but kept cracking up.

When he heard we were heading back of the Viking Line he also asked if we could smuggle him on board. Top bloke and a proper laugh.
  • Options
    He's still only 35 - sign him up!
  • Options
    4-2 at the Library
  • Options
    Was one of my all time favourites, a truly gifted footballer.
  • Options
    Loved the bloke!
  • Options
    Class jensen he should have been called mind he cost us 4.2 million
  • Options
    One of the best I have seen in a Charlton shirt. Met him in the Boss shop in Bluewater and spoke to him for ages....legend.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

He's still only 35 - sign him up!

He was only 30 when he retired, due to injuries, a sad waste as he was the sort of player who would have done a job for most teams, as you can always find workhorses to do the running around him.
  • Options
    Joined in when we did the charity recording with 3 Blokes too, top fella!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    remember we played bolton away in the cup and he absolutely ran the game for them - pulled all the strings and i said he's the bloke we need - luckily we signed him in the summer and he, along with parker's emergence is what turned us into a premiership side - a real class midfield player - touch, vision and considering he never put a tackle in, he still dominated play. Thats what i call a midfield general, not someone who runs around a lot and whacks people.
  • Options
    I doubt we've had a player since, or even before ,that had a higher successful pass rate. One of the most talented to wear the shirt imo.
  • Options
    This thread inspired me to watch the 4-2 victory over Arsenal highlights on YouTube. We had our moments :o)
  • Options
    Brilliant player - great story as well Clem. Seems like he was a bit more friendly than JJ who had the misfortune to share a flight with us on the way back from Liverpool once...poor bloke looked terrified!
  • Options
    Also a reminder of how good we were when we had Jensen, Murphy, Reid pulling the strings in the middle. Exactly what the current team needs.
  • Options
    Was Smertin also with us then or was that later ?
  • Options
    I loved Claus but I tell you what, he used to get pelters from loads of people around me at The Valley for not trying etc.

Can't remember what kind of comments he got on Netaddicks back in the day
  • Options
    Not fit to lace Semedo's boots.
  • Options
    Class jenson was the most consistant player we had at that time his ability on the ball was second to none
  • Options
    Great player - I don't know why he went to Fulham. His goal at Old Trafford stands out in my memory of him. I can't remember now if we went one nil up or drew level at that point, but it stunned the United crowd.