Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly - what does he even bring to the team?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Valley isn't the problem I've been to alot of grounds and the valley seems far better atmosphere wise than other home supports.

We didn't have a shot on target yesterday and were beaten by the better side add that to our woeful home form there isn't much to shout about. We should play all our home games away from 3pm on a Saturday, good news then that millwall is at 12.30...
  • Options
    Height
  • Options
    What I want to know is why Powell sent the players out there and told them to play shit? And what on earth was Powell thinking telling Kermorgant to get sent off? Powell out.
  • Options
    I tend to agree with the OP, but not sure much can be done about it. There's a guy sits near me who thinks Stephens is crap and says so almost every time he touches the ball. He's clearly made his mind up, but I don't think it helps. But a poor performance will attract groans at home, just at an instinctive level.
    I can't believe that the atmosphere doesn't affect the players, it certainly helps when its good (e.g. Cardiff, what a night that was) so it must also sap morale when its bad? And away, there is a lower level of expectation and more supportive/louder fans (I hardly go away so I am reading into this), all of which appears to help.
    And lets be honest, we know there is another local side whose support get on their team's back all the time. Do we want to be like them?
  • Options
    He's an excellent defender.
  • Options
    A Forest friend of mine was there on Saturday and he commented on the good atmosphere created by the Covered End, which surprised me a bit. Mind you, he had taken his son to Arsenal v Blackburn the week before, so he was possibly starting with low expectations.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Height

B*M ! Beat me to it, Off_it !

• Options

Off_it said:

Height

Soz Fanny, but you snooze you lose!
  • Options
    He's taller than you think?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    1StevieG said:

He's taller than you think?

He's taller than me, which nearly broke my heart to find out. Everyone says how well he's done considering he's short etc etc... so what does that make me? I just wish I had a tenth of the skill, heart and determination of the guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Height

Soz Fanny, but you snooze you lose!
    Don't mock the old uns, Offy .

When you get to my a....zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    I'd go as far as to say that if there is a valid scapegoat for our poor home form, it's the fans. The buck stops with our frankly bloody awful support. One misplaced pass and people are hurling abuse, muttering about Powell's tactical ineptitude, screaming their little heads off as if they expect Dennis Bergkamp, CB Fry and the new Pope to suddenly materialise and levitate the ball into the net using only the power of their own synergised consciousness. It's appalling to hear and I hate it. By all means boo hated opponents (I was booing Marlon King very loudly whenever he touched the ball the other week), but as the stadium announced says, get behind the boys for crying out loud! Players should ONLY get stick if they're not putting in the effort, or they're doing very, very stupid things. And even then, the stick should be reserved for afterwards. WHAT DO YOU AND THE TEAM POSSIBLY HAVE TO GAIN FROM GETTING ON THEIR BACKS DURING A MATCH? THE MANAGER CAN JOLLY WELL SEE FOR HIMSELF IF THEY ARE PLAYING WELL OR BADLY
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Leuth said:

I'd go as far as to say that if there is a valid scapegoat for our poor home form, it's the fans. The buck stops with our frankly bloody awful support. One misplaced pass and people are hurling abuse, muttering about Powell's tactical ineptitude, screaming their little heads off as if they expect Dennis Bergkamp, CB Fry and the new Pope to suddenly materialise and levitate the ball into the net using only the power of their own synergised consciousness. It's appalling to hear and I hate it. By all means boo hated opponents (I was booing Marlon King very loudly whenever he touched the ball the other week), but as the stadium announced says, get behind the boys for crying out loud! Players should ONLY get stick if they're not putting in the effort, or they're doing very, very stupid things. And even then, the stick should be reserved for afterwards. WHAT DO YOU AND THE TEAM POSSIBLY HAVE TO GAIN FROM GETTING ON THEIR BACKS DURING A MATCH? THE MANAGER CAN JOLLY WELL SEE FOR HIMSELF IF THEY ARE PLAYING WELL OR BADLY

There's a small, nasty, unpleasant element down at The Valley who are almost pleased when it goes Pete Tong so that they can unleash their unpleasant, foul mouthed, bile at Powell, the players and anyone else unfortunate enough to be within earshot.

I've got one sits near me and I don't mean MOG or Adam :-)
  • Options
    dizzee said:

cafctom said:

The true supporters who go away don't groan at the top of their voices when we lose the ball.

I don't think you can decide who is a true supporter.
    Who are you to decide who are true supporters?
    You mustn't have been to many away games if you think our away support doesn't moan!
  • Options
    This did raise a smile though:

"Wagstaff was his usual 'dog chasing cars' self"
  • Options
    we started flat and on the back foot because the manager sent them out in a negative formation. Our five man midfield was outpassed despite the numerical advantage. Or should I say alledged 5 man midfield because Doris and Dale might have well not bothered. It was dire. When even Fanny leaves before the end it must have been bad. Can't see season ticket income allowing for much of a promotion push next season.
  • Options
    Wasn't it only one game ago someone bought up the idea of play offs?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think they were joking. 1 win =playoffs, 1 loss =relegation. If Waggy is a dog chasing cars Solly is one of those terriers that just keep coming back as if they were on piece of elastic. Hamer seems to be an Old English sheepdog.
  • Options

This did raise a smile though:

"Wagstaff was his usual 'dog chasing cars' self"

I didn't mean it in a derogatory way! It's just that Waggy is not particularly big or strong, and while he will always close down the defenders and chase the ball relentlessly, the average CB could probably hold him off without noticing he was even there. Making smart runs and linking up with the FB is where Waggy is most dangerous.