Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Hollands

Where is he ? We haven't heard about him since he returned , is he still injured - surely worth another go in midfield

Comments

• Injured still
  • Even with an injury, he can't play worse than Stevens did today..............
  • Stephens
  • Hope he gets another chance we've needed more midfield options all season
  • I miss Danny Hollands. I was hoping he'd come back from Swindon with a renewed confidence and turn out the performances we know he can but the injury's scuppered that. He shouldn't be forgotten though, he was superb for us last season
  • Stephens.

dizzee said:

Stephens

After yesterdays performance, he doesn't deserve me to spell his name correctly.................
  • Stephens.

dizzee said:

Stephens

After yesterdays performance, he doesn't deserve me to spell his name correctly.................
    I was joking. But true dat
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone think he looks like MC Example's long lost twin?

• He was almost massive last season, on this basis alone he should be given another shot when he is fit

• He was almost massive last season, on this basis alone he should be given another shot when he is fit

Our midfield is far too slow already. Stephens makes Basey look fast. Jacko makes Stephens look fast. We are both too weak and too slow in midfield so that's what needs addressing

• Swisdom said:

He was almost massive last season, on this basis alone he should be given another shot when he is fit

Our midfield is far too slow already. Stephens makes Basey look fast. Jacko makes Stephens look fast. We are both too weak and too slow in midfield so that's what needs addressing

What Swisdom said 100%. All of our midfield are individually ok but collectively it doesn't work. A problem not resolved for two seasons.

• Swisdom said:

He was almost massive last season, on this basis alone he should be given another shot when he is fit

What Swisdom said 100%. All of our midfield are individually ok but collectively it doesn't work. A problem not resolved for two seasons.

Christ! Our midfield can't have been that bad last year, we won the league by 8 pts with 101 pts!!!
  • Swisdom said:

Agree completely,but in L1 their superior technical ability compared to others performing at that level more than compensated for this.

I'd like to see Danny given another chance,partly because alongside Jacko he is amongst that rare breed of left footed central midfielders and as such offers something different. One of the great features of last season was the excellent natural balance that Danny,Jacko and Wiggins gave us on the left.

• Swisdom said:

Christ! Our midfield can't have been that bad last year, we won the league by 8 pts with 101 pts!!!
    The midfield was good at League One level, but most players had the physical side of the game OR the technical, passing skills. In the Championship, having both attributes is the rule not the exception and we're coming up short repeatedly. For all that people complain about misplaced/over hit passes, I am sure the success rate would be much higher if anyone other than Wagstaff or Haynes were able to actually get onto the end of them in time!
  • Isn't Hollands injured anyway?